“Amazing Inn, town, and people!!”
Review of Inn at Jim Thorpe

Inn at Jim Thorpe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Inn in September for my birthday. We had visited Jim Thorpe before but this was our first time staying and we will ALWAYS stay at the Inn from now on. The rooms are clean and nice, for those saying they were dirty or whatever, come on, this is an Inn in a small town, not the Hilton in NYC. We did find the room very charming and I actually liked staying at a place like this rather than a chain. The staff was was amazing! I can't even tell you how much we enjoyed them. We had originally booked the master suite, only because it was the only thing we found available online. There was a mishap and the room had already been booked by a wedding party. So they put us in a mini-suite (which is what we wanted anyway) and gave us 10% off each night. When we got there they had a bottle of wine and cookies for us. One night we wanted to play oneof the board games that they have by the balcony entrance. We called down to the front desk to ask if they had dice because it was missing from the game. They actually offered to go to the local convience store and get dice for us. This was at midnight! The people from the town are also just as friendly. We meet several people from the town during our stay and everyone was friendly and told us all about the fun things to do while there. We're actually going back for St. Patty's Day and we're counting down the days till we're sitting in the jacuzzi drinking wine again!! LOVE this place!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We booked a mini-suite with a jacuzzi for a cold, snowy winter weekend get-away. Upon checking in, we were pleasantly surprised with a free bottle of wine and two complimentary wine glasses to take home (you can be assured we enjoyed the wine while soaking away). The price also included vouchers for a delicious breakfast for two each morning of our stay. The inn oozes charm and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The only downside was our room was a bit smaller than we had pictured and it faced a brick wall, so not much to look out on. By teh end of our stay, however, we were reluctant to leave.

Do yourself a favor when in JT and have dinner around the corner at Moya - amazing!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I visited the Inn at Jim Thorpe for the Valentine special weekend. It included 2 nights at the Inn, Valentine special dinner, and discount for both morings breakfast. Sweet deal!! The Inn was beautiful. The food amazing. Also in the room was a bottle of wine, two take home wine glasses and opener, a box of candy and a rose bush. We requested one of the rooms that had ghost activity, 211. And we were not disapointed. Saturday night while my husband was getting a shower the towel went from being folded on the toilet seat near the shower to hanging on the back of the door, ALL BY ITSELF!!. Sunday morning we were packing, left the suitcase open, and went to breakfast. When we returned the suitcase was CLOSED and things I had put into the suitcase were on the pillow of the bed. Great Weekend!!

Room Tip: Room 211 if your brave!
5  Thank g-mom07
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to the Inn last year and we loved it so we decided to come again this Valentines Day. Upon arrival our room had to be changed for some reason per the inn keeper which was no big deal at all. We proceeded to our new room and the desk clerk came up with our complimentary bottle of wine and glasses. when she open the door to the room it was freezing! She quickly fixed the tempature and insisted that we stop at the front desk on our way down and gave us drink vouchers to have a drink at the bar while our room came to temp. I believe her name was Renee and she was wonderful. We ended up having not only drinks but lunch as well. Food is excellent and second to none. Not to mention our room was perfect when we returned. Our Valentines dinner was also amazing and the gentlemen that was the host was very nice and even came outside after our dinner to take a picture of my girlfriend and I outside in front of the inn. Our Valentines visit and stay was great and it turned out even better because of the amazing staff you have at the inn. Thank you so much for making our stay great and we can't wait to come again. My girlfriend liked it so much more this time around then the first that I believe we will be coming more often than just Valentines.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My friend and I decided on rather short notice to make a one-night getaway to Jim Thorpe having never been there before but hearing good things about the town. We were fortunate to get a reservation at the Inn at Jim Thorpe for a Saturday night stay. The room had a comfortable king size bed, flat screen tv/dvd player, coffee maker and a clean bathroom (shower stall vs. tub/shower combo). While the bathroom was too small for two people to get ready at the same time, we had no problem with the set up. The inn has a feel somewhere between B&B and boutique hotel. The staff was friendly and quite helpful and accomodating when the electronic key lock for our room ceased functioning at 10:30pm! While we did not have dinner at the Inn, we did have a few drinks in the evening and breakfast the next morning...both the pub and restaurant had a very nice atmoshphere. Most definitely will be back!

1  Thank erin c
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have to say I was doubtful that I would like Jim Thorpe, but it was a terrific weekend away. The Inn is a perfect place to stay for convenience. The inn is clearly older (historic - as it should be), and the rooms have been updated, but it is not a luxury inn - sort of lacks decor a bit - but the public areas are nice and quaint. Location is fantastic. Right in town, can walk anywhere, staff is very nice and welcoming.
We spent one day exploring the great little town and enjoying the winter day. The bar at the Inn was fun for a Friday afternoon - great place to relax and grab a bite and a drink. We skied at Blue Mtn (20 min away) one day. Very convenient and a really nice PA ski option. We did the ski and stay package and it was very affordable and fun. We'll be back for rafting/biking season. We had a wonderful, relaxing, easy weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YorkWeGO
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I surprised my GF with a romantic getaway at the Inn. We loved every minute of our stay, from the beautiful mini suite with whirlpool and fireplace to dinner and breakfast at the attached restaurant. The inn had everything that we needed and never had to leave the property during our trip on a cold winter weekend. We even got to experience some of the inn's paranormal charm. While dancing in front of the fireplace, the lights were conveniently turned off by someone other than us. We even had our toiletry bag mysteriously fall from a shelf. There was no way possible for it to fall by itself. I wouldn't have believed either one of these things if I hadn't been there to witness it myself. We politely acknowledged the presence and asked for some alone time and everything stopped. It was a little freaky, but all part of the charm. We'll definitely be back for a romantic stay and to visit our new friend.

Room Tip: Loved room 312!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lt-49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
#6 of 6 in White Haven
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!