“One night getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“One night getaway”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband & I wanted to go somewhere that wasn't too far from us & was a nice place for a one night stay. The Inn was really perfect for what we wanted! The room had a nice size bed, with a fireplace & jacuzzi (Room 319). No complaints about the room, except a weird smell that came from the bathroom, so we just left the fan on & kept the door closed. (had we stayed more than 1 night, we would have told the front desk, which we did when we left) The Inn is located in a quaint, little town with a bunch of shops. Everyone is very nice & friendly. Yummy coffee at Alice's Pantry & some wine tasting at Big Creek Vineyard. Dinner at the Inn was pretty good. Sat in a cozy room with a fireplace. For breakfast we each got a $7 voucher, so $14 off the bill was a nice treat & breakfast was yummy! It was perfect for a one night stay. If it were nice out & warmer (we went in December), then it could be a weekend stay since there are outdoor activities close by. It was the perfect choice for what we were looking for. I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Room 319 was great because it had skylights, a fireplace & a jacuzzi. Also a Keurig coffee maker...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Richmond
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friend and I stayed there recently for a weekend getaway. The hotel was perfect as it was right on the Christmas parade route and walking distance to all the shopping, restaurants, concert hall, train station and historic homes. Would love to come back during the summer for whitewater rafting and hiking and stay at the Inn again. The Inn staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the complimentary hot cider in the lobby in the evenings. The hotel restaurant and bar were great as well but would suggest reservations.

Room Tip: The second floor has a large comunal balcony overlooking the street so beware if you have a balcony...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
baltimore
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The rooms are very close together. You can hear what your neighbors are up to. In addition despite the no smoking policy, the whole hall smelled like smoke. We got a suite with a queen bed, fireplace and whirlpool tub. The TV and fireplace are in one room, the tub in the middle and the bed in the back room. It wasn't decorated and charming as a good B&B would be, like I expected, but in the end it was a good decision. The other B&B's and lodgings looked like they were not as good. If I were to go back to Jim Thorpe I would stay here again. I didn't give a higher rating because while it may be the best Jim Thorpe has to offer, it is not what I would rate 5 stars.

Room Tip: You can hear traffic and people if your room faces Broadway
Downingtown PA
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for my birthday and it was a very nice place. When we checked in it was a little early but Sherry at the front desk was very nice and asked us if we would like to stay at the inn because she had a room that was available, we were supposed to be staying at 55 Broadway which is their other building that was across the street but she said we could look at both rooms and see which one we liked best. Well it was really hard to pick one over the other because both rooms were really nice. We picked the room in the Inn (#303) and we were very pleased with our choice. It had a nice queen size bed flat screen tv on the wall and a gas fireplace, and a jaccuzi in the corner of the bedroom area. We had dinner in their restaurant and breakfast and both were very good.(they gave you a 14.00 food voucher for your breakfast) The little shops around the town were nice and you could just walk everywhere and not have to use a car. We went on a train ride and did the Asa Packer Mansion tour and it was very nice and interesting. We had a nice time and would recommend this nice Inn for a nice little getaway.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the rooms in either place(the Inn or 55 Broadway)
Lilongwe, Malawi
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great Place, Outstanding Staff and a BUENO Bar! First posting for the Inn, but have stayed here on several other occsaions. The town is just beautiful with so many things to do. The "Townies" are all very nice and accomodating and will just talk to you. Good eats can be found all over town. Would reccomend The Inn to anyone looking to go to Jim Thorpe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fairport
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend getaway. Our first day there, I noticed some hairs stuck to the bathroom wall, as well as the fact that the walls were very dirty( as if nobody had wiped the walls down in a while). I brought this to the attention of the girls at the front desk, who were very apologetic. They told me the issue would be handled. We arrived back that night, still dirty. I again spoke to the girls, as well as the head housekeeper, who assured me she would do it herself. The walls still had hair on them. I asked one lat time, this time showing a housekeeper the hair. Only 1 of the 4 dirty walls with hair on them was cleaned. I finally did it myself. Our extra room blanket had something dried and crusty on it, and a burned out light bulb in our room was not replaced the entire 4 days we were there. We put a call in to the manager when we were staying there, only to get voicemail. Our voicemail was not returned until I reviewed our stay in response to an email generated from the hotel. Only then did I get an emailed response from Dave the innkeeper. He repeatedly stated that he was sorry the room was not cleaned to my expectations, which I responded to say the room was not clean period. He never apologized, nor admitted that the room was not clean, even after I sent him numerous pictures showing the hair on the walls. His final email told me he would send me a gift certificate for a future stay. I responded simply asking for a days credit on my charge, as his hotel was almost 5 hrs away, and it was unlikely that we would be able to make that trip again.
As of today, I have received neither a credit to my account, a gift certificate for a future stay, nor an apology for the unclean room.
Breakfast vouchers are included in room cost, but food is way overpriced and you end up paying for breakfast as well (cup of coffee was $2.50). Food was also lukewarm.
Drinks at bar were good, and bartenders were great!
Overall, my weekend birthday getaway was a big disappointment !

• Stayed September 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at the inn, such a cute place! Ideal location if you don't want to drive around a whole lot. Loved the Keurig coffee in the room! Housekeeping was very pleasant when I asked for some more k-cups. Clean, and cozy! We stayed in a basic room with a queen bed, which was nice, we didn't spend much time in our room anyway.

1 Thank Cindy601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!