“Nice Quiet Stay”
Review of Broadway House

Broadway House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Broadway House
Ranked #12 of 17 Jim Thorpe B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The house is just up the hill from all the shops and restaurants. Parking is really no big deal. Perhaps that is because I live in NYC, so by comparison parking anywhere else is no big deal. They give you a permit, and there are several options on where you can park. The room was a decent size and very clean. They have a lovely outdoor seating area, but it was just too muggy to make use of it. The hot tub has been removed. Because this property is connected to the Inn at Jim Thorpe you are given a voucher for breakfast that you can use at the Broadway Grille & Pub in the Inn. Breakfast was delicious, and the wait staff was very friendly. We very much enjoyed our stay there, and will definitely be back to see the fall leaves.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi B

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We wound up at The Broadway House after an error in our reservation at the Inn at Jim Thorpe. This is a sister property about 3 blocks from the Inn. We visited in December and the streets were quite crowded and noisy with carolers songs blasted over a PA system. We were actually happier out of the hubbub. Don't let the outside deter you...the inside is beautifully remodeled. No elevator so if you are upstairs be prepared to drag up your suitcases. We had a room with a whirlpool and an electric fireplace which we enjoyed immensely. All expected amenities and a very comfortable bed. The only negative is parking...its horrid. Very tight quarters and not enough of it. When we returned after dinner it was full and we were forced to search for on street parking, waiting for someone to leave so we could get in a spot. Next time we'll plan on eating within walking distance.

Room Tip: First floor better for those unable to drag suitcases upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angie T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very satisfied with our room and would stay here again. It was comfortable and large enough. There is a very nice outdoor sitting area in the back of the house where you can relax and watch the chipmunks. The town is charming and it is worth staying in the town to experience the ambience. We did not hear street noise because the house is set back from the street. The Broadway House is very near the opera house if you are coming in town for a show.

Room Tip: Room 203 was big enough but not huge and does not have a view. Rooms 200, 205, 204, 206, and 207 ar...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Autumn_Lovin_Girl
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at Broadway House because the Inn was full. It was clean and cozy. We stayed on the 3rd floor which probably helped with the noise issues some other reviewers experienced. Really enjoyed the breakfast at the Inn. Good heat, water pressure, cable TV, and we were lucky enough to get one of the parking spaces. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dogmom121
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We have been staying at the Inn for almost 24 years. We always enjoyed staying there for our wedding anniversary since our first anniversary. We have stayed at the Inn countless other times throughout the years, bringing our children and our visits were always special. The last time we stayed at the Inn was in April we stayed at the Broadway House because we like the peace and quiet up there. Well not this time! When we were bringing our bags up, one member of the housekeeping staff was standing at a doorway to a room shouting "What the f!!!!" Seriously is this kind of language necessary? We tried to just relax after arriving and all we heard was this obnoxious pounding base coming from above us or below us. Giving up on the idea of relaxing, I decided to play with my iPad well the front desk clerk didn't give us a welcome packet at check in so I had to get up and go down the hall and phone the front desk for the password. Like I mentioned above we have been coming to the Inn for the last 24 years, and when I read the review from the gentleman who received a jacuzzi suite for his family for $150.00 I saw red. In the 24 years we have been staying at the Inn we NEVER received a deal like that! Thank you so much for rewarding customer loyalty.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeborahR91
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our friends were getting married in Jim Thorpe and we were booked in here. I was worried due to the plethora of bad reviews so much so that I tried to call and have the reservation moved to The Inn (where we had breakfast every morning). I am very glad we didn't. It was just lovely inside. There was no mould, damp or anything suspect. The living room had a gas burning fire and the kitchen was well supplied. It even had a high chair which was very useful for us.

We had very little to do with management, house keeping came to our room every day and we got replacement tea/coffee and towels.

The room itself was large. It had a table, two chairs and a glass topped dresser. There was also space for a travel cot. The ensuite bathroom was clean and well lit. We were on the top floor so neighbours weren't a problem though I did hear that on the lower floors that noise was an issue. We didn't use it but we knew about the hot tub outside. It is a short walk to the shops. It is not a 5 star hotel, it is just a quaint, hole in the wall house where we felt as comfortable as being at home. It's also a lot bigger than I realised on the first day!

There is no lift and the stairs are quite narrow but not too steep.

I really hope we get to go again.

Room Tip: The top floor seems to have less noise issues, but if you have mobility issues, the first floor is a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank foxiileigh
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I initially wrote a review for "The Inn at Jim Thorpe" because I thought it was all one establishment. I was wrong and am glad to have the chance to amend my thoughts. My initial review was written the night before I thought I was going to check out. I was forced by circumstance to stay a full week. My review was accurate and I made every attempt to be reasonable. When I checked out, I was asked how the stay was and I told them the truth. There were many issues. The largest seemed to come from miscommunications with the manager (inn keeper) and my company. To begin with, I called the morning I was to arrive to make sure they had the reservation and my room would be ready. I told them that I would likely not be checking in until around 9pm ("plus or minus", I said). I arrived a bit after that (approx. 9:15PM) and was told that they gave my room to another person. The reason I was given was that the person had a name that sounded like mine. It was explained to me that I would need to check out of the room they had for me for the night and check back into the correct room the next day. They had no luggage cart available and no staff to assist with unpacking. As I was at that "hotel" for an extended 3 month stay, I had much with me that I needed to unpack. The woman who made the mistake which caused me the trouble then suggested that I leave some of the stuff in the car overnight. I explained that there was a lot of stuff, that it was valuable and that I was not comfortable leaving it in my car overnight. She told me that the Inn would not be responsible for theft of items from my car (even though it was completely the Inn's fault my stuff had to stay in the car). She did show up at the Broadway House and insisted on carrying two bags up for me; I was told later that this was how I was compensated for the trouble. I am unsure of what else the compensation could have been. They did shift schedules to put me in a larger room (instead of the glorified closet I was initially booked in), but I call that simply customer service and something that should have been done anyway.My company was told I would have kitchen access and this never happened. The rooms have a bed, a bath , a TV and that is it. No microwave and no refrigerator. During the week, I slept very poorly. The man who maintains the house lived above me and had a very heavy style of walking. His thumping woke me 9 times (Yes, I counted)! When I checked out and answered the clerks question ("how was your stay?"), the inn keeper was brought out to talk with me. He listened to what I said about the manager of the house. In no way did he take responsibility for how poor my stay was. In fact, I was reprimanded extensively for posting my initial review on TripAdvisor, even though he admitted to not reading it. My initial review really was not overly negative. He also reprimanded me for the communication errors, which I had nothing to do with. There was no apology. This establishment is NOT APPROPRIATE FOR LONG-TERM STAYS and it should not have been offered as such. I am not sure how these issues were my fault and so I am really shocked I had to sit there and be yelled at and corrected in the middle of the lobby by the manager. The staff can spend the rest of their lives pretending they are right, I don't care. I won't stay there again and I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: Drive the 13 extra miles and stay at COUNTRY INN & SUITES.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business