“No Food-No Service”

Ranked #27 of 39 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I sat down at 1:20 ordered beverages, then placed an order for two sandwiches.Restaurant was 1/2 full. At 1:40 the waitress assured us that "he was working as hard as he can'. From then on the wait staff avoided any eye contact..and perhaps six tables were occupied. At 2:00 I asked the waitress for a check for the beverages...she did nothing to ask us to stay, or assure us that lunch would be right out, but with relief gave us a check! Ruined my day at Jim Thorpe!
p.s. We went to Albright down the street for great salads..and prompt service.

2  Thank FloridaBocaboy

Reviewed May 30, 2009

My daughter and I were the only two people in this restaurant at around 1130 this morning. The waitress was very pleasant, but forgot my daughter's bacon, and charged us for it (she removed the charge upon my request). The biggest problem was that I ordered the Italian Chicken Breast Sandwich. They brought me out this massive sandwich - there's no problem with the portion size here - but upon one bite, I knew it wasn't what I ordered. It was tasted like sweet relish, a taste I personally cannot stand, and there wasn't a bit of pesto anywhere on my plate. I proceeded to try to find the waitress who seemed to have disappeared (keep in mind, again, we were the only two customers in the entire restaurant). I ended up pounding on the kitchen door and finally got someone's attention. I told the person that I had received the wrong order, that there was no pesto on my sandwich. She said that there was sweet vidalia onion sauce on my sandwich (ewwwwww) and made it sound like I had misread the menu - this was exactly what the Ital. Chicken Sandwich should be. Then, the waitress finally found her way back to our table and told me the exact same thing. I felt silly looking at the menu again, sure I must have made a mistake, and choked down about half of the sandwich. Well IMAGINE my surprise and disappointment upon coming home, looking at their menu online and finding out that the sandwich I ordered said NOTHING about sweet vidalia onion sauce...it clearly states chicken breast, mozzarella and BASIL PESTO VINAIGRETTE. I am quite sure they deliberately lied to me and now to add insult to injury, three hours later I am quite nauseous.

2  Thank chersull_99
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Enjoyable Victorian atmosphere, but didn't think our food was anything special - in fact it was quite bland. Plus we waited quite awhile and the service wasn't especially friendly. On the plus side, it was affordable and the piano guy was quite good, although he played too loud so we could no longer talk. Again, we only went here once, so it's hard to judge the place entirely. I'd go back, though it wouldn't be my first pick in Jim Thorpe.

1  Thank purple_kismet
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We ate breakfast twice in a row at this charming little spot. The food was freshly made, and delicious. the service was fantastic, they even opened up 15 minutes early for us so we could eat breakfast before catching a bus.

Reviewed February 7, 2009

This is a wonderful "best kept secret." My husband and I moved to the area 8 years ago and have frequented the restaurant.
It is nice to take a bottle of wine, listen to the local musicans sing, play piano, classical guitar and on occassion Dori herself brings a broadway melody to the eclectic cafe. The food is always fresh so sit back and enjoy the atmostphere while it is being prepared. I was actually looking for the phone number to see if the cafe is open now to grab a bite when I came upon this site. It is worth the trip. We look forward to the new additions and
send the owners our praises for keeping prices low during the tough economic times.
Patrons and local customers- Summit Hill, PA