“Pretty good food, good value”
Review of Bear Appetit Cafe

Bear Appetit Cafe
Ranked #29 of 38 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: American
Maryland
“Pretty good food, good value”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The restaurants on Broadway can be pretty pricey. Bear Appetit is very reasonable, and the food was pretty good.

Visited January 2014

Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Very good breakfasts, the home fries are outstanding”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The atmosphere is a typical breakfast/lunch type establishment. The service was very prompt and the food came quickly. The home fries are some of the best ever.

Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went up for a nice relaxing day in jim thorpe. I've been there before and I usually go to the pub across the street but my boyfriend said I should try something different. We got there and were seated with a rude waitress. I got the French onion soup which was good but my boyfriend got the pirogues and all of then were cold inside. Then our wraps came out and the chicken was cold and the fries underdone. Then, our waitress gave us the bill and she didn't even take the pirogues off after we complained. Stay away, crappy food and crappy service!

1 Thank Rachel S
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Keep walking”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a wedge salad and got chopped romaine with ranch dressing. Husband ordered a burger and the waitress lifted his bun up and said " not yours", then brought the right one. Grease floating on top of soda. Will never go back.

1 Thank kitten1962
Freeport, New York
“Just OK this time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice waitress, food was OK. I took a sandwich to go for the way back to Long island and was shocked when I was charged 9.50. That is about 3.00 more then a deli on Long Island and 2/3's the size. Asked for smoked turkey and got regular turkey which has way more salt.

Visited October 2013