“Should be called Barely Appetizing”
Review of Bear Appetit Cafe

Bear Appetit Cafe
Ranked #29 of 38 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: American
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should be called Barely Appetizing”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family and I were in town on Sunday Dec. 1 on a bus trip. We had 2 hours before the bus left and spent most of it in this restaurant to our dismay. we ordered what we thought was simple food- 2 french onion soups, 2 chicken noodle souple for appetizers and 2 cold hoagies, 1 hot roast beef hoagie and 1 order of fried wonton for entrees. 30 minutes later the french onion soup arrived sloped over the edges of the plate. what they called chicken noodle showed up 10 minutes later but it more like a tomato vegetable soup with spaghetti and green peppers tossed in for good measure, it was luke warm and inedible. 30 minutes later the salad and the reheated and burnt fried wonton appeared. it tasted like it had been fried the day before and had no flavored except for the dipping sauce (the only edible thing in my meal). we had to hunt down our own silverware to eat the salad and wontons. another 10 minutes later the hoagies showed up. the juice for the hot roast beef spilled over the sandwich by the time we got it the bun was completed soaked but the meat which must have sat under a heat lamp was the consistency of dried leather. again inedible. the cold hoagies were just piles of meat slapped on roll, no dressing, nothing worth waiting over 80 minutes for. the table next to us came in 30 minutes after us, got some but not all of their meal before us. we are not certain they ever got the missing dish as we had to leave to dash to the bus with less than 15 minutes to spare. Yuck. Not worth the time or the 60 bucks.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lynn V

baltimore
“Good food poor management”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The 1 waitress for over 10 tables was way over worked. The food was decent. My clams were tiny, the way I like them in a nice wine sauce. My husbands cajun chicken wrap was very tasty. The only issue is that we ate 20 minutes apart. Ithink the management needs to rethink their business model.

• Visited November 2012
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEYOND HORRIFIC SERVICE”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a resident of Jim Thorpe and have wanted to try Bear Appetit Cafe since it reopened. All I can say is I should have listened to my fellow JT residents and not bothered. Food was good, a tad pricey for what you get, but the service was BEYOND HORRIFIC. We stopped in for a late lunch and there was no one else in there and waited half hour for our food, which arrived incorrect and barely lukewarm. We will not return.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kelly G
Elysburg, Pennsylvania
“Terrible service.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

In town for the Santa Train. Stopped here for lunch. It didn't take long for a table but the service was super slow. The food was good. We had a 2 year old with us so while we waited for the check, at least 20 minutes, I had to take him outside. Inside was jammed with people and only 1 waitress in the front room for checking in people, serving and collecting the bills. Certainly understaffed. Probably would not return.

1 Thank BandBinPA
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Sunday Morning Breakfast”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We asked our waitress at The Wheel for a recommendation for Sunday breakfast. She had told us that The Inn does breakfast, but also that Bear Appetit has a nice breakfast.

We decided on Bear Appetit and it surely didn't dissappoint! My wife ordered a "create your own omelette" with peppers, onions, bacon and American Cheese. I was torn between the Italian - Capicola Ham and Provalone Cheese, or the Southern - Pulled Pork, BBQ Sauce, and Cheddar Cheese. Our waitress suggested I try the Southern.... One word = AMAZING!

Our omelettes came with an order of their homemade homefries - very good but needed a little seasoning. Nothing that a little salt and pepper didn't fix! You also had your choice of toast.

Service was super fast and the quality was excellent! I would definitely eat breakfast there again on our next visit!

Visited October 2012