“Highly recommended”

Pocono Biking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join us on a beautiful ride that is popular with people of every fitness level. The designated Lehigh Gorge Rail-Trail is a gentle downhill, scenic, state park maintained path that follows the Lehigh River. Come for an hour or two, join us for a full day, 1/2 day, or an overnight stay in historic downtown Jim Thorpe. Access points allow for one way rides of up to 36 miles…whatever fits your schedule. Visit our website to find a shuttle schedule, bike rates, and specialty trip dates.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great trail - was quite easy. I did the 25 mile ride and it took me about 4 hours. The staff was quite helpful and the bikes were in good condition.

3  Thank Sam_Nomad77

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We only did the 15 mile bike ride. I loved the ride, but we had a two year old in tow and 12 year old twin boys. The scenery was beautiful. I would do this again. I would not take the 25 mile bike ride yet. I have to be in better shape. There was no uphill climbs at all, but my legs still hurt when I was done. We seen lots of wild animals including a snake on the trail. Great family time

2  Thank Joannarider
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have our own trail bikes and wanted to do the 25 mile Lehigh Gorge Trail. Pocono Biking offers a shuttle-only trip for about $18 per person. We drove into Jim Thorpe, the place was right in the center of town. Parking was across the street. Filled out the paperwork, waited a few minutes, they loaded up the bikes and the bus and we were on our way to the trail. It was about 30-40 minutes on the bus. The end of the trail deposited us right into the parking lot where we started. (To return bikes, it's across the street.) They were helpful and friendly.

Note about the trail: It has a slight downhill grade but you don't really notice it. The trail is all gravel so it is more work than a paved trail. You will be pedaling the whole time, you will not be coasting. My knees were pretty bad by the end.

2  Thank travelgirl88
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Do not use this group - instead go down the street use Blue Mountain Sports and Wear. website bikejimthorpe.com . I highly recommend the Lehigh Gorge Bike trail for all ages 12-72 years old.

Our experience at Poconobiking.com This was the one outing I had been looking forward to on our Poconos family vacation. I called from Ohio a week ahead to get the details, then again when we arrived in the Poconos two days prior to confirm. I had it planned to minimize shuttle costs, maximize biking time, and eliminate the shuttle time and cost for 7 of the 9 of us. This is roughly $100 savings.

The day we arrived however, the White Haven location was closed, apparently only on Tuesdays, and no where in the website, the phone calls, or on the office doors themselves do they state that the White Haven office will be closed. This added an 2 hours of driving time and $100 to our trip by the time it was all figured out AND, we ended up not going with this store given their rudeness, there lack of up front disclosure, the grilling both my bro and I received about how it clearly was our fault, etc. We literally wasted several hours and received the worst customer service I have ever received in a tourist excursion.

We walked out and down the street to Blue Mountain biking. I did not even tell them the story of their competitor, and it was hands down some of the best customer service ever. They outfitted all 9 of us quickly on bikes, put us on a shuttle two minutes later and we were on our way.

Again, do not use Pocono Biking or any excursion that you have to call 1800 WHITE WATER.

4  Thank LLK_12
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Rent a bike and get the transport to the top of the Switchback Trail. Cost for the mountain bike, helmet, and transprotation is $39. Mountain bike downhill on a bike/hiking designated trail. It is almost all downhill or level. The biking was very easy even for someone who has biked in a long time. Bike trail passes Mauch Chaunk Lake, too. Bike lasts from 2-3 hours depending on the number of scenic stops on the way!

3  Thank Chuck2010