“Best Pizza In The Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria 903

Trattoria 903
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania
“Best Pizza In The Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

A friend and I along with her children stopped for lunch at Trattoria 903 on December 18, 2013.
I had the goat cheese, beet and arugula salad with balsamic reduction. Outstanding! The cheese was very fresh and the dressing was wonderful.
I then ordered a small pizza with 4 cheeses on it.....outstanding thin crust.....wonderfully fresh ricotta and mozzarella blended with the other two cheeses to provide the best pizza in the Pocono Area I have had in a long time!

• Visited December 2013

Milford, New Jersey
“Our plan B became a plan A”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were attempting to go to dinner to another area restaurant, but a road closure made us go to plan B. We've wanted to try this place since it opened, but it always seemed packed.

So we decided, let's give it a try.

The food was very good, portions HUGE and the prices very reasonable - in fact, three of us had entrees (two veal and one steak special) and several drinks and the bill came to a whoping $75! My husband could not even finish his veal parm (3 huge pieces on a mound of pasta), I barely finished my veal saltimboca (once again, 3 huge pieces) and my dad had the steak special which he really enjoyed.

The rosemary rolls they give you were really good too!

Will be back on one of our future visits to the area!

• Visited November 2013
Kimberton, Pennsylvania
“Big portions, but quality was ehh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I came here for a celebratory dinner, since everyone keeps saying this is the best restaurant in the area. My response to that, is that it's probably one of the only restaurants in the area, but i'm not going to douse other people's opinions. Their portion size was large which is probably why the bill was so high. I ordered the veal parmigiana with the mixed green salad. The salad was all iceberg lettuce, mostly all stem, with 2 pieces of radicchio, but the vinaigrette was nice. The veal dish was disappointing. It was advertised as lightly breaded, which it was, but there was hardly any veal there and it was tough. The linguine also tasted too starchy, it was al dente, but to the point where you could taste the grains in the pasta. My mother ordered a Greek salad with chicken, but she said that the salad was more chicken than salad.

Overall, I was too impressed with the meal I had, and neither was my mother. Since everyone raved about this place from reviews and the locals, I don't see what the big deal was.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank mknabster
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“Totally Freakin' Incredible!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate here again last night, 11/9/2013... and it was outstanding!!! a truly perfect experience... this place has it all; ambience, friendly people, and above all else, a kitchen staff that really knows how to cook!!! It seems obvious to us, the big difference between this restaurant and others in the area is the "quality & freshness" of their ingredients... My wife & i shared an appetizer of calamari ($8.95). It was a very nice sized plate, half sliced tentacles and half baby squids... they were fresh, hot and wonderful!!! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, and she brought a basket of hot, freshly baked rolls to the table with a small plate of olive oil garnished with freshly diced garlic and whole fresh basil leaves... a really nice touch... the fresh herbs really made those rolls pop!!! we ordered a bottle of Cecchi Chianti Classico from their new wine list... at $34, a really great price for a "classico" of this stature. They really did a nice job with their new wine list... This was their one weak point when they first opened last year, but now they've really knocked it out of the park!!!

My wife had the Chicken Francese ($14.95) , it's her very favorite dish, and she claims it's the best you can find short of of philly or nyc... I had their NY Strip steak ($21.95)... it was a huge 1.1/4 inch thick slab of angus steak, lightly drizzled in a perfectly seasoned and rich demi-glaze sauce nicely layered with sautéed mushrooms... it was spectacular!!! they served it with an order of thickly cut and obviously house-made herbed steak fries and a side of lightly sautéed veggies; zucchini, green beans, peppers, onions, broccoli, etc...

The portions were huge, and we were definitely taking home half our meals, but we decided to share a piece of their lemon-marscapone cake... drizzled with a spritz of lemon syrup and a dollop of freshly whipped cream, it was outstanding... fresh, light, and tart with just a touch of sweetness... wow, this was the perfect end to a perfect meal!!!

I don't know how they do it, but this place just keeps getting better!!! do your tastebuds a favor and check it out for yourself... we've lived in the area for 22 years, and this is, without a doubt, not just the best "Italian" restaurant in the area, but The Best Restaurant in the area period... Fine dining in a casual elegant Pocono atmosphere with incredible value!!! This is much better then "anything" you'll find in downtown Jim Thorpe... And judging from the packed house, lively conversation & smiling faces, a lot of others must agree!!! We'll definitely go back!!! Thanks for a great meal and a wonderful evening guys!!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cosmic-cowboy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband I made reservations for our anniversary. We looked on Trip Advisor at the reviews for all the restaurants in Jim Thorpe and chose Trattoria 903. So glad we did!! Food was fresh, portions were large and price was lower than we expected for the quality! The owner/chef Hassan greets every table and makes sure you are satisfied. The waitress Marianne was very friendly and attentive. We are first timers to Jim Thorpe and can't wait to go back to the area and definitely visit Trattoria 903 again!!

Visited November 2013