“Looks like a great place... if you're a local or a regular!”
Review of Trattoria 903

Trattoria 903
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washougal, Washington
“Looks like a great place... if you're a local or a regular!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were driving through Jim Thorpe on a Wednesday evening in December and needed to find a place for dinner. I checked my TripAdvisor app and found this place. It sounded like just the ticket.

It was a little off our path, but we found it fine. We were a little disappointed to see that it was pretty crowded - probably some pre-holiday celebrations going on. But we were seated right away in the bar and ordered pretty quickly. The bar was clean, but a little sparse. It looked like it had been added no as a sort of after-thought.

When we ordered two glasses of wine, we did notice that our glasses were not nearly as full as all of the other people around us. That was a little disappointing, especially since we had a good view all around us and a lot of people were drinking wine. From the conversations we overheard, it was evident that most everyone else was local, and we figured that that accounted for their "enhanced pourings."

The food was good, but not outstanding. My husband ordered the chicken parmesan, based on a review in TA, and it was a large portion but not exceptional in any way. My seafood salad was good, but I'm pretty sure that they forgot to put the balsamic dressing on it. I would rate both of our meals as just average.

We probably won't try to go back to the Trattoria. I would highly recommend it to the locals though... they appeared to be having a much better time.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank PJMS_11

Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
“New location”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Fabulous fresh fish and seafood dishes ( my favorites), but still lacking good options in wine by the glass Always good service, but one of the hostesses is rather abrupt, not good if you are a first time visitor.

• Visited November 2012
“New location - continued good place to eat”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

New location - continued good place to eat on the mountain. Prices average about $15 for an entree. Generous portions that you will want to take left overs home. We have found that the food is always well prepared and very tasty. Reservations are normally require because of their popularity with the locals. Interior renovations make a great dining experience.

“Had a lovely lunch here....”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch a few days ago at there new location and I must say the place is beautiful, it was very warm and welcoming. The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant, I enjoyed my food and will definitely return.

Highlands, New Jersey
“Quantity instead of quality”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Too much pasta & sauce for most dishes, why take home average food in a doggie bag? Service was very good, but the chef/owner needs to accept criticism more & listen to customers on what they really think & like.

Visited October 2012