“A Must Try if in Jim Thorpe”
Review of Wheel - CLOSED

Wheel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Don't let the outside fool you... Go in... Sit down, enjoy the quaint atmosphere and ridiculously delicious food. The chef is an artist and it shows (or tastes) in the food. My wife and I had very good meals and excellent service. I was upset I could not take leftovers home because we were traveling. I told the chef he should ship his meals (or online!). I'd buy them if it were possible!

Brian

There are newer reviews for Wheel

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The evening started out okay until my dinner was brought out to me. When i ordered I asked if they had any roast boar from the specials and I was told yes. As I sat waiting another apparent friend of the chef ordered the same item and was told they had one left. To my surprise the one they had was MINE! When my dinner was brought out I had regular pork, not what I wanted or ordered. After a few minutes of telling the owner this is not what I wanted she walked away leaving me with the pork and didn't return for quite awhile. At that point she asked if I wanted anything else. Too late now my wife's dinner was getting cold and my patience was wearing thin. We were not approached again except to present me with the bill.

5  Thank Karick2010
Reviewed July 5, 2014

What a pleasure it was for our party to experience Wheel. Tom opened the restaurant for us on a Wednesday night--when he is not usually open--because we were coming into town for just one night. The food; well the food just cannot be compared to anything else we've ever had before. These were some if the freshest ingredients: trout flown in that day from Idaho, scallops, octopus, shrimp, clams & conch. He whipped up a clam & fresh homemade pasta dish with white wine & garlic for me just because he could! Great cabernet & Warsteiner beer. The atmosphere is cozy & eclectic & a bit quirky; very cool. The only suggestion I would give would be to not even hand out the "regular" menu on an off night--just create a print out daily with all the fantastic specials that Tom inevitably creates instead. One person in our party wanted to order the chicken, however it was unavailable that night, along with a couple of their regular beers & appetizers & their weekly pie. Since their regular menu is small, it seems smarter to me to not offer it to guests unless every item is available. BTW the bread puffing was served warm with a ring of heavy cream, cinnamon & grilled bananas--FABULOUS. We were all talking about our experience from the moment we left straight thru to the next day, anxiously awaiting an excuse to return!

1  Thank SassyB33
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Bravo!
From the time we arrived to the time we left we were treated professionally, personally, and the food was the best! Tom is not only a great Chef, he's a swell guy. We plan to return again and again and again....

2  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Great service and the food was fantastic!!! Very worth it for the quality you are served!! Very gourmet and not a let down!
We will be coming back very soon this summer!!