“Weird mix of ingredients, but very tasty.”
Review of Wheel - CLOSED

Wheel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice ambiance, very friendly service, interesting choice of ingredients, tasty food. The only problem i had is the price looked steep for the type of food we had

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We went to The Wheel for dinner following my daughters wedding. Her husband is in the military and they got married when he was on leave so that they could be together when he gets stationed. I started calling different places in Jim Thorpe to find a nice place to eat after the wedding. I finally found Tom the owner of the Wheel and he was more than accommodating. He even said he would open the restaurant on a day they were normally closed just for our party. I was grateful and very excited to come and eat at the Wheel. When we got there Tom had a cake and a musician there playing music while we ate. The food was excellent and the presentation was second to none. Tom made this special day a memory that my family and I will never forget! The staff could not have been nicer. Tom has a big heart and an amazing place. I recommend the wheel to anyone going through the Jim Thorpe area.

Veronica Dominic and the new Mr. & Mrs. Balliet

1  Thank woodstonelodge
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. We started with the shrimp bisque which was phemonimal (even at $14 a bowl). My boyfriend got the pork thorpe and he said it was the best pork he ever had in his life. I actually got one of the specials and was really unhappy. Not because of the dish, but because it wasn't what I thought it would be. I ordered a coconut shrimp and thought it would be fried, but it was Thai style and served in a coconut milk sauce. The chef was wonderful enough to take the dish off the bill and make me the lobster mac and cheese which was fantastic! Our dessert was a chocolate mousse cake with raspberry topping and it was awesome. Overall, one of the best restaurants in Jim Thorpe, PA.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This had been one of the best restaurants, not on only in Jim Thorpe, but that I had ever eaten at period. The owner/chef in an eccentric fellow, for whom I had the utmost respect in terms of his culinary skills. However, he's ruined a couple of evenings for us, because he chooses to be open or not at will. This past time, he was open (unfortunately) - over $200 for 3 people and the food was horrid. I swear I would not post this if it were not true, because I honestly like the guy. But, I will never eat there again. Moya is much better and, as hard as it is to believe so is the Inn's recently renovated eatery.

5  Thank MikeandJenStraka
Reviewed November 19, 2013

excellent food, incredible decor. It is our favorite spot in Jim Thorpe. Truly a New York feel, in a quaint little town. Service is impeccable, and Chef always makes us feel welcome.