“Wow... Wheel yourself on down”
Review of Wheel - CLOSED

Wheel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We try to visit this place whenever we are in town. The owner's wife was hostessing and serving last night. Her great demeanor and the fabulous food made for an amazing experience. My wife had boar chops which were as delicate as lamb. I had some of the best crab cakes ever. Drink selection is nice. Wine list could be more extensive and have some reserve bottles for those special occasions.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This place has a great look/feel to it from the outside and a fun eclectic environment inside. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful but the food was mediocre. We had the watermelon feta salad from the specials (of which there are way more than regular items on the menu) and it was fabulous. The rest of the meal was over-salted and the plates were over decorated. The food was slow to come out, probably because of the painstaking detail of decorating the plate.

2  Thank jpressman
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a good feeling about this restaurant the minute I entered! My husband & I sat at the window table & were able to watch scenery while enjoying our meal. My husband had the Aztec chicken & I had the scallops. May I just say AMAZING!!! It was so good we went back the next day for lunch. Our waiter, Don was great as well as the owner & Chef. I would recommend this to anyone. Chill out & enjoy looking at everything inside the restaurant!!! A definite return to again!!! Thank you so much!!!

1  Thank Debra L
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My first impression of Wheele was that it was a very cool interesting restaurant that had a lot of personality. That was just the begining. Then to find out the food was as interesing as the decor was a pleasant surporise. The entree was as good as any fine dining Italin restaurant in Rome. The servcie was spot on and the colorful Chef/Owner Tom made it even better. We will definatly be back!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything about this place was amazing - Felt like we were in a museum - eclectic doesnt begin to describe how cool it was - Atmosphere - check.
Jazz music, lots of Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder - Music - check
Service - friendly, fast, honest, good-looking - check
Food - to die for.....shrimp bisque - where was I ? on <Martha's vineyard - put those bisques to shame! My guy got the New Zealand Strip - bigger than the plate! I got a shrimp and coconut vegetable dish with Thai seasonings and an umbrella to top it off - a masterpiece - food - check!
The price was right for what we recieved and unfortunately too full for dessert so we'll have to take another vacation just to visit this place again. Not a suggestion, a destination!