“Creative menu, funny owner, cool building” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Creative menu, funny owner, cool building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

The owner entertained us while we ate his food. A bit pricey for what we got, but we had a good time. Entrees were excellent. Nice selection of wine and beer. Menus come inserted in old album covers. Funky inside and out. We'll come back.

Visited July 2012

Ticowife
“An experience for all your senses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

It seems to be unanimous - Wheel is fantastic! I want to tell you about my experience without giving too much away. Like a great book or movie you don't want to ruin the experience for the next viewer and reader or in this case the next diner.... Prior to my visit there this evening I hadn't read or heard anything about this restaurant. I happened to pass by one evening and thought it looked very quaint and unique on the outside. I checked out the menu online and thought it sounded like a unique and ambitious offering. Macaroni and cheese with lobster as an appetizer - count me in! Great romantic atmosphere, beautifully and creatively decorated, excellent service, nice music and sound system, fantastic drinks and the food..... Ahhhhhh yes the food! I shall return! Be warned it is pricey but soooooooooooooooo worth it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ticowife
Freehold, New Jersey
“Best Food Ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

OMG....this was the best meal we had in Jim Thorpe !! The atmosphere was eclectic and quaint. The food was fantastic !! We had the Maryland Crab Cake and Button Mushrooms with scallops for appetizer (really a meal in itself) . Our main entree was Roast Pork Thorpe which my husband devoured and I indulged in the grilled Salmon over fresh cut Apple ginger salad. Too full to even think about dessert !! Incredible meal...you will not leave disappointed !! Thank you Ellen and Richard Defeo for the recommend !!

• Visited July 2012
NJ
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow, the food is excellent. The chef comes to your table to make sure you like your dinner. I had shrimp and my husband had steak. The atmosphere was great and everyone was friendly. Just terrific

Visited June 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

If you're going to Jim Thorpe for a more formal affair, I suggest Wheel entirely. The owner has an awesome personality and is a fantastic cook! I am used to eating at a lower end restaurant such as a pub or other small eateries. This place blew me away. It has a fantastic atmosphere and a terrific staff. You feel welcomed and cannot help but enjoy the food. I am a frequent visitor to Jim Thorpe and I only recently went here. It is a little pricey, but totally worth it. Every dish is unique! The service was a little slow, but there is so many cool things to look at that it didn't feel like we were uncomfortably waiting. The only complaint I have is that the server, wasn't very experienced and didn't seem like she could handle the small place by herself. I am big on the servers because I worked in the industry for over 10 years... I'm picky. But still, this small, high priced place is a touch of New York... it is a wonderful place to have a romantic dinner.

• Visited April 2012