“Awesome Prime Rib Sandwich !!!”

Molly Maguires Pub & Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Molly's has An awesome huge Prime Rib Sandwich with hot au jus if your ever in Jim Thorpe PA for a day then this the place to go very clean place often it gets very crowed so if your not in a rush then go here they have a full bar with great local beer on tap and in bottles fast service you can eat inside or they have this amazing deck outside with a huge cover roof and don't awesome huge shrimp cocktail they have and there famous homemade Sheppard's Pie but I must say all there food Mollys make this rocks my taste buds I must dine for all while or near Jim Thorpe PA !!!

There are newer reviews for Molly Maguires Pub & Steakhouse

Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you visit JT, Molly's is a must-stop. The location is in the heart of town and easy walking distance to everything. The bar is beautiful and seems to be slightly restored to the early 1900's. This is NOT a irish bar-wannabe - it's the real deal. The vibe during lunch was laid back and okay for families. The Guiness Burger is one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. Topped with caramelized onions, they could be eaten as an appetizer alone. The prices are decent, beer selection vast and menu is hearty. We will travel 90 minutes to have a meal at Molly's!

2  Thank mainlinebk
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just returned from Jim Thorpe for a birthday getaway. I was hoping to try one of the eclectic eateries the town is known for, but most of them were closed. We ended up here by default. So glad we did! We asked our server for chips and salsa, which were not on the menu. I expected a small basket. We got a bountiful bowl of tri-color chips with a generous portion of fresh salsa. My cajun chicken sandwich was perfectly spiced, and my husband loved his silver sandwich. I asked if my son could get mac and cheese ( he is visible older than the 10-yr-old limit for the kid's menu). Our server said "absolutely." Real mac and cheese loaded with mounds of melted cheddar. Dessert was a flaky apple pie a-la-mode with whipped cream and drizzled caramel. This place is definitely a cut above your average pub fare with excellent service. Made for a memorable birthday dinner. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We live in Jim Thorpe and have been here a few times. Every time we have eaten here it was horrible. McDonalds in Lehighton has better food. Not to mention paying $8 or so for a craft beer on the deck and having it served 2/3 full in a plastic 12oz cup. Completely absurd!! Like the title says, HORRIBLE TOURIST TRAP. But since they are always getting new customers due to the tourism I guess they feel they can get away with it.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't eat much red meat but when i do , I look for something special. On my last visit to Molly's , we decided to try burger. They have a nice selection and cooked them to order but were really surprised to find they used pre-formed patties. They just didn't have much flavor and a poor texture also.