“The intensity of the history and detail of the mansion is spectacular”
Review of DeFeo's Manor

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
DeFeo's Manor
Ranked #15 of 25 things to do in Jim Thorpe
Warrington, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The intensity of the history and detail of the mansion is spectacular”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This was my first time in Jim thorpe and was not aware that the mansion was giving tours. It needs to be advertised more so that the history does not go unnoticed.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Chrisitna G

Warwick, New York
“Museum quality throughout-highlight of our visit to Jim Thrope”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were privileged with a personal tour of this lovely 1880s Victorian B&B. The custom Italian entranceway with mosaic flooring, Tiffany etched window dividers and classic architecture with matching furnishing throughout was a delight to behold.
We have not observed a period B&B with personal private dining in each room. A very nice touch for a special occasion or get-away. We intend returning.

Cochecton, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Authentic Victorian”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

A wonderful tour of a beautiful Victorian style home with eighteen rooms. Original staircase worth the trip in and of itself. Richard DeFeo and his wife Ellen are a book of knowledge on not only the house but Jim Thorpe. You are instantly transported back in time and is a lovely way to spend some time.

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Elegance & Class”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

When you step on the porch you feel right at home with a warm welcome from a sweet couple and a fabulous glass of wine. The house is not only beautiful with all the details and the wonderful stained glass, the inside is fabulous! One room is prettier than the next, I love how each room holds a story and history from the magnificent structure that was built there. I'm looking forward to returning there with my friends and enjoying not only the house, but the couple that owns the home was just as sweet as they look!!!! You will truly have a great time staying here, and will feel welcome like your own home!

1 Thank Sandy G
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Very Best Inn with the "Bestest" Innkeepers”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The weekend of October 9th and 10th had been marked on our calendar with a big red heart for months. The 9th is my birthday, and the 10th is our first wedding anniversary. My husband and I had no trouble deciding where to celebrate; however, where to stay was another issue. There was something about DeFeo's Manor that "spoke" to us during our online research. And we were glad we followed our...ears. First, it's the best location in town, right up the hill, like an aerie. We stayed in the Blue Room, which certainly lived up to its name. How lovely! Our hosts, Ellen and Richard DeFeo, could not have been more helpful and gracious, guiding us to the best sites and restaurants (and loaning me a bike helmet) then welcoming us back "home" with warm, friendly conversation. When my husband and I left, we truly felt we were saying good-bye to friends. We are already talking about our next visit to the Manor. Hear that, Ellen and Richard? We're coming back....

2 Thank litchick52