“Okay coffee...pretty rude staff!”
Review of Strange Brew

Strange Brew
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My friends and I visited this shop on our first trip to Jim Thorpe over the weekend. There were plenty of cafes to choose from on the little streets there, but we chose this one....and we wish we hadn't. We walked to find a blackboard with some sandwiches and light fare on it. Mind you, this is a Saturday afternoon at about 2pm. We're looking at our options, when the rude guy behind the counter says "We're not serving food NOW" as if we were supposed to know? Baffled, we inquired as to why and were informed (very snottily) that they only serve food during the week. Well ok then! So I then ask what the difference is between cafe latte, and cafe au lait. Seems like a reasonable question, no? Well apparently not! The answer I got was "Well, one of them is made with steamed milk" as if to say "You figure it out idiot". I never did get my answer, and still don't know the difference. My husband then asked if the chai latte was creamy or more of a brothy consistency. Again, we got a snotty response "Well, LATTE means it's made with MILK". Well excuse us! He was just very rude and obviously didn't want to be there. Not a welcoming, warm place to have a cup of coffee, that's for sure! Which is a shame, because it had nice decor and pretty good coffee, but customer service is what makes or breaks an establishment and if this place expects to stay around a long time, they need to hire staff who will be nice to their customers, not rude and condescending!

4  Thank enyagirl2