“Deadheads Welcome!”
Review of Strange Brew

Strange Brew
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great coffee, amazing decor. There is a nice little seating area with big comfy couches. Feel free to drop in and relax after walking through downtown Jim Thorpe.

1  Thank sheila f

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went Saturday morning, at 8:15 and the associate was just arriving. As she unlocked the door she told us we could have coffee in about ten minutes if we wanted???? So we waited....they were supposed to be open at 8....the coffee was fine, but not hot.....just lukewarm. We went again on Sunday at 8:30 and they were not open at all. Couldn't find their Sunday hours posted any where so maybe they weren't even supposed to be open....if you're an early bird in Jim Thorpe, you may have difficulty getting hot coffee here in the morning.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I love Strange Brew, great music, fair trade coffee, interesting art and great people. I've never had the experience that some sorry few have had. To the folks who perceived the owner to be something less than nice, I strongly suspect you were the one being rude. Sometimes in life, you get what you give? I have always been treated with kindness and care.

2  Thank ManifestinMama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been to Strange brew twice. I must have only verbally reviewed it in the past. Now, It has come time to review it online for all the world to see. :)

The decor leaves something to be desired at strange brew. Even with the events I imagine they hold there, someone needs to give TLC have some mercy.

Aside from that, which is something I can get over in the amount of time it takes for another thought to pop up, the owner is one ignorant son of a Jim Thorpean (most likely). The last time we went there, he refused to do something that even Star Bucks would do for their customers. It was a matter of an unsatisfied paying customer and a coffee man who not only charged her for the replacement drink but tried to charge her more than it typically is sold for. This means, friends, that he made up a price and ran with it, then would have continued to run excepting he was called and caught.

Overall, I might still go back because I am a sucka for coffee, except that I saw there is another caffeinated drink shop two stores down.

Next time... I think I will change my habit.

1  Thank rollic88
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I see these people here talking about how rude this business owner is, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Also, the coffee and tea are pretty good, especially the specialty coffees. I have two very young daughters (1 and almost 3) and I frequent this shop. My girls are well behaved, but they are still kids. Sometimes they make a mess, and like any responsible parent, I have had them clean it up or I will. The business owner has never made us feel unwelcome in his coffee shop, and he even talks to them and laughs at their antics. I can tell anyone why he is still in business: he has a unique coffee shop with excellent coffee, a relaxing and artistic atmosphere, and great service. To boot, his prices are very affordable. He sells organic coffee and tea for next to nothing. I would recommend this coffee shop to anyone coming through Jim Thorpe.

4  Thank sbennage