“Cool Place!”
Review of Strange Brew

Strange Brew
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Good coffee, good service in a really cool old building! Was nice!

3  Thank markgdrais

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Started stopping by there a couple of years ago . Enjoy their organic coffee , very smooth. Espresso is great , all types of yummy teas : ) ... The Chi shakes are awesome, really sinful ! . The owner is a hoot , fun to talk to. This is Not Starbucks , thank goodness ! Comfy chairs , reading materials , broad games and neat stuff to look at .

2  Thank Radioman1952
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The staff was rude abut providing a receipt, and was rude when I tried to order a regular coffee instead of something more unique from the menu. We ordered hot apple cider and java soda. The hot apple cider was watery and had a wet dog after taste. The coffee soda was also terrible. We threw out our drinks shortly after leaving the coffee shop, and the person I was traveling with apologized for suggesting we go in. The mural on the wall was interesting, but unfinished. It was the only redeeming quality about the shop.

7  Thank KatFrat
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I live in Jim Thorpe and work on Broadway. It's really a shame that this place is staffed by extremely rude people. I went in this morning looking for a cup of tea. Not being to familiar with their tea assortment I asked for something comparable to a regular lipton tea bag. The man working behind the counter told me there is no such thing as regular tea and asked me why I came to a coffee shop if I wanted a cup of lipton tea. He gave me the house blend after being extremely rude and when I gave him a ten dollar bill to pay for my $2.15 tea he was harassing me aout not having the fifteen cents.

I will never go back again or refer customers to Strange Brew. I will take my business down the street to Alice's Pantry where I know I will not be made to feel like an idiot and my business is appreciated. The man working this morning clearly needs some customer service training.

9  Thank Beth B
Reviewed December 18, 2011

big mural in progress on the wall-try malted ball coffee-excellent

2  Thank ray0411