“Where did they find such a rude staff ?”
Review of Strange Brew

Strange Brew
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Nearly every review I read mentions rude staff. I too had a rude young man. He shook his head in disgust when I asked for skim milk instead of whole, and then let out a loud sigh when I asked for sugar free syrup. Both of these items were right in front of him, as easy to reach as the high calorie items. I informed him what I wanted before he made the drink, so he exerted no extra effort. He very sarcastically asked me if I wanted "decaf too". As if I was some extremely difficult customer (btw I was the only customer) The coffee tasted fine, but I won't go back, besides they keep very odd hours for a coffee shop.

9  Thank Celestinia

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I see lots of bad reviews,but when I was there on a camping trip they were great.
The staff was kind and answered all my questions. I don't know about the coffee but the iced chai was perfect. all in my group liked the drinks that got.

4  Thank szurko
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a really great day in Jim Thorpe, right up to our visit to Strange Brew. The blonde crop-cut girl behind the counter seemed more interested in chatting with her friends than in helping customers. She didn't ring us up, just told us it would be $5. I handed her a $10, and I thought she had given the change to my wife. Turns out she kept the change. I'm not sure if she's stealing from the till, or just short-changing customers, but either is less than good. To top it off, the coffee was obviously old and oily/bitter. Stay away at all costs.

8  Thank russweasel
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This place looks really cool and the atmosphere is awesome. However, the guy behind the counter was really rude. I am not sure is he is the owner or not. I would think twice about going there again because they certainly do not appreciate the business.

4  Thank mwarman704
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I read the comments about the "rude" staff. I spend quite a bit of time in Jim Thorpe and notice more rude visitors than locals. Strange Brew has the best coffee for miles. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. If you don't walk in and order like you're at a Starbucks, you'll be fine. Sit an chat with the owner for a few minutes, and you may change your tune. No matter, what, it's still the best coffee for miles.

3  Thank TracyU0118