“Cool camping”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Cool camping”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived at the Resort Campground after 5pm so no one checked us in. There are plenty of signs to find your general camp site but the numbers are hard to figure. After setting up camp on this side then that side and leveling the spot we were situated for the next couple days. We had no problem with those around us. We were respectful not to walk through peoples sites and they were respectful of us. The older guys come by to get the trash and overall was a GREAT value for the money. Store: The camp store has ample supplies and treats at very reasonable prices. There are a couple washers and dryers and games for the kids. The People are really nice in the store. Bathrooms; Cleaned and well maintained. I'm always amazed at what slobs people are...I mean come on, if you pee on the seat wipe it and flush the paper or put it in the trash. That is not the job of the camp ground.Grounds: The trail that runs along the property is amazing as is the river. The hike to the lake is a pretty good 40 minutes. Some of the most scenic wooded spots we have seen. A beautiful spot to just get away...Pool: Small but clean, did the trick for my 8 year old Grandson...Closeness to activities: Awesome...You can be in town in under 10 minutes. So many things to see and do.

Room Tip: Bring a level for your camper some spots are real sloped. Tell the people on the phone what you are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SuzeeQL

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had booked a cabin here after seeing the photos on their website. The photos are very misleading. The cabin we got was dirty, and had a funky smell. Instead of the double bed and two bunks that were on the website, we got three bunk beds. I had a look in the other vacant cabins nearby and they also had the same set up. Further, the front of the cabins looks nothing like the photos on their website!! I am convinced they have photos from another place.
It was HOT and one of the windows could not be opened because the screen was broken.
The bathrooms were disgustingly dirty and half of the toilets were blocked,
We ended up leaving early and they did give us a refund, which was unexpected but very appreciated.
There is one electric outlet in the cabin and it is on the light switch, so bring a table for things you need to plug in.
If it is hot, being an extra fan. It advertises air conditioning available but it is not.
Bring cleaning supplies. I wiped the floor with a rag and it came up black as tar.
There are NO grills here so bring a portable grill.
There is no running water at the cabin site, so be prepared for that.,
I have stayed in plenty of camping cabins and this was by far the worst and most rustic one I have ever stayed in, Will not be returning.
Also, there was an altercation in front of the place between the owner or manager and some guests, I was at the playground with my 5 year old and was treated to a torrent of obscenities and yelling from the guests and the owner was yelling back at them. Not the best family environment.

Room Tip: Know what you are getting into.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank sorcia88

Travelers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Family And A Few Friends Spent Our Weekend Here. The Camp Was Clean, Ample Restrooms, TerrIfic Activities. They Offered A Childrens Cookie And Juice Tasting ANd For The Adults A Wine And CheesE tasting. Sunday Night An AcoustIcs Band Played And They Were So Entertaining IdDidnt Want It To End. Long Story Short, We Will Be ReturnIng. See For Self Go Camping AnD Make Lasting Memories With Your Family And Friends. One Thing The Staff Is Helpful And Friendly, But Do Emphasize Its A Family CamPground. Quiet Hour Is Strictly Enforced. The Same Family Has owned The Camp For 34 Years. They Must Be Doing Something Right. God Bless Them.

• Stayed May 2013
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is our 4th time staying in a cabin at the Jim Thorpe Camping Resort and we’ve had a great time every single time. (This place is always full, so there must be a lot of people that enjoy camping here and it’s not like what the bad reviews state)
The 1st 3 times it was my husband, myself, and my dog and this last time we also had our 8 month old baby with us. We were looking to go camping in a cabin at a place that allows pets (it is harder to find than you think) and that is how we found Jim Thorpe Camping Resort. Every single time the cabins have been clean and I’ve also been very impressed with the bathroom/shower facilities and how clean they were. (we’ve been camping other places and a clean bathrooms is something you don’t find too often) They also put in a building with individual showers/toilets/sinks (I think last year) which is nice to have some privacy. The bathrooms are very close to all the cabins, so no long walks just to use the restroom. Each cabin that you stay at has their own fire ring and picnic table, which is also something you don’t see everywhere. We didn’t go over to the playground because my son is still little, but thru the trees I could see kids playing and having a good time. I’m sure we will spend a lot of time over there next year. Whenever we’ve forgotten something the camp store always seems to have it and the prices are not bad at all. We’ve never had a problem with noise, we usually hook my husband’s iphone up to speakers and have them playing at a decent level that we can enjoy the music, but not too loud to disturb our neighbors (it’s called courtesy). We were never told that they were too loud.
As far as the owner goes- we’ve never had a problem with him. You see him driving around each day making sure everything is ok. I personally appreciate this. This is a family camp site and drunk people can sometimes get out of hand. We stayed over Sunday night this year (it empties out Sunday afternoon) and the owner stopped and asked if we were doing ok and if we needed anything before he was leaving for the night. I’ve never been camping where anyone has done that before. I thought that was very nice of him.
We also love how close it is to Mauch Chunk lake. We take our black lab over there and she loves to go swimming in the lake. It is very beautiful and peaceful. We can’t wait till we come back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bucks county
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I camped here for Memorial weekend here and had a really nice time. There were activities for the kids like hayrides and fishing at the creek that runs next to the campground or riding our bikes down the path to Munch Chunk Lake. There was even something for the adults; wine taste testing from the local winery, there was even live music on one of the nights. This is a very family friendly campground, clean and woodsy. I don’t know why there was a remark about the owner being “crazy” everyone was nice and helpful. Let’s face it we all want to have fun when we go camping, and in my many camping excursions though out my life at different camp grounds, I have witnessed that there are a few that are having fun tend to have too much fun and get out of hand and forget that there is a time for quiet and respect for the other campers; those that have been warned seem to always write a bad review feeling that this happens all the time so the review puts a negative outlook on the campground or it’s a way to “get back” at being reprimanded. But what we really need to do is to spend the time writing some more good reviews about a fun experience and not so many bad because of just one incident that was self inflicted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank loves-to-camp35
Alpha, New Jersey
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The owner and the park are my only 2 complaints. First, the owner. HE IS CRAZY!!! He came by our campground at 6am in the morning and yelled at us screaming YOU CRAZY PEOPLE STOP BEING SO LOUD EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!! BE MORE QUIET OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT AND CALLING THE POLICE!!! The campground next to us was hooting and whooping while we were sleeping just fine. Now the park. Me and my friends went down to the park the first day we got there. There is 3 tires piled up on each other with sticks in between to separate them. a wooden truck that my brother fell off of. And a disgusting dirty sandbox. They call that fun. Other than that it was fun.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Coolcamper653
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed there with a group of about 20 for a weekend of paintball and rafting.Met the owner early on felt as if he was trying to intimidate us yelling about foul language had no clue what he was talking about there was 5 ppl there.So later everyone is there and he rolls down on his golf cart Dent head and his side kick Ned Flanders come down to our site at like 10 telling us our music was to loud we had small speakers hooked up to a I-pod I think they where confused they had never seen I-pod before I showed him it as loud as it gets he told me it was louder before and we had to leave I explained we had been drinking and half our party is sleeping we are not going anywhere in the meantime a few guys went on a beer run.Dent head the Owner closed the gate to the entrance well my friends opened it with no damage and drove in well this sent Ned and Dent over the edge he did speed drive by's with his golf cart .Finally the police came and Dent head and Ned accused us of breaking there gate so the police went with a friend of ours up to the gate Ned told the cop the gate would not open when he used the remote the cop asked for the remote gate worked fine we stayed the night packed up in the morning.I would like to go back for a couple hours to really F with them just for fun if I ever find myself in Jim thorpe Pa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Kevin B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Jim Thorpe Camping Resort? Share your experiences!