“had a really fun time!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
bucks county
“had a really fun time!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I camped here for Memorial weekend here and had a really nice time. There were activities for the kids like hayrides and fishing at the creek that runs next to the campground or riding our bikes down the path to Munch Chunk Lake. There was even something for the adults; wine taste testing from the local winery, there was even live music on one of the nights. This is a very family friendly campground, clean and woodsy. I don’t know why there was a remark about the owner being “crazy” everyone was nice and helpful. Let’s face it we all want to have fun when we go camping, and in my many camping excursions though out my life at different camp grounds, I have witnessed that there are a few that are having fun tend to have too much fun and get out of hand and forget that there is a time for quiet and respect for the other campers; those that have been warned seem to always write a bad review feeling that this happens all the time so the review puts a negative outlook on the campground or it’s a way to “get back” at being reprimanded. But what we really need to do is to spend the time writing some more good reviews about a fun experience and not so many bad because of just one incident that was self inflicted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank loves-to-camp35

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alpha, New Jersey
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The owner and the park are my only 2 complaints. First, the owner. HE IS CRAZY!!! He came by our campground at 6am in the morning and yelled at us screaming YOU CRAZY PEOPLE STOP BEING SO LOUD EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!! BE MORE QUIET OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT AND CALLING THE POLICE!!! The campground next to us was hooting and whooping while we were sleeping just fine. Now the park. Me and my friends went down to the park the first day we got there. There is 3 tires piled up on each other with sticks in between to separate them. a wooden truck that my brother fell off of. And a disgusting dirty sandbox. They call that fun. Other than that it was fun.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Coolcamper653
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed there with a group of about 20 for a weekend of paintball and rafting.Met the owner early on felt as if he was trying to intimidate us yelling about foul language had no clue what he was talking about there was 5 ppl there.So later everyone is there and he rolls down on his golf cart Dent head and his side kick Ned Flanders come down to our site at like 10 telling us our music was to loud we had small speakers hooked up to a I-pod I think they where confused they had never seen I-pod before I showed him it as loud as it gets he told me it was louder before and we had to leave I explained we had been drinking and half our party is sleeping we are not going anywhere in the meantime a few guys went on a beer run.Dent head the Owner closed the gate to the entrance well my friends opened it with no damage and drove in well this sent Ned and Dent over the edge he did speed drive by's with his golf cart .Finally the police came and Dent head and Ned accused us of breaking there gate so the police went with a friend of ours up to the gate Ned told the cop the gate would not open when he used the remote the cop asked for the remote gate worked fine we stayed the night packed up in the morning.I would like to go back for a couple hours to really F with them just for fun if I ever find myself in Jim thorpe Pa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Kevin B

Travelers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We rented 3 cabins recently and had a wonderful time. I was concerned reading the earlier reviews... But the experience was really good.

Site was clean with access to a nice trail. Bathrooms/showers were well maintained. Cabins were clean and very comfortable. Store did not charge crazy prices for coal, wood, bread, milk, etc... very reasonable and sometimes cheaper than prices I pay in NJ.

Definitely visit again and will stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VSfromNJ
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been visiting the Jim Thorpe area since the early 1980's. During the course of this time my family and I have stayed in the hotels, campgrounds and B&B's. We visit all 4 seasons and have many wonderful memories. The best memories are our visits to the Town and our many stays at Jim Thorpe Campground. I have recomended Jim Thorpe Campground to dozens of friends and relatives most of wich have returned because of the pleasant experience they had.

Over the past 30+ years I have watched any and all that behave with disrespect to their neighbors, private property, and the enviorment told to leave the area by both establishment owners and local authorities. The reason we go to Jim Thorpe and the Jim Thorpe Campground is to have fun fishing, hiking and of course the rafting.

During the past 3-4 years there is only one campground I was unable to get a reservation to visit and this was because Jim Thorpe Campgroung was booked and it was booked because it is a great place to visit where family and friends have a great time and bums and wanna be thugs are not allowed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gjarnoldjr
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you want to hang out in what seems like a refugee camp (meaning crowded), then come here. We stayed here for a fun weekend, and thought twice about our choice of establishments to employ for a night's stay. The town of Jim Thorpe is nice even though I despise tourists from growing up in the area, because a good majority of them are rude. You can hear the music blasting from the road while driving past this place at 45 mph.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank hypo_theories
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2011

From what me and my family saw this guy the owner should have management company run this place who in there right mind would be so nasty to people comin to stay at his resort {owner} ever here of word of mouth is how people find you let me tell you when employee go round saying the F_word and you the owner getting in people faces word of mouth leaves campers minds i would go back but only if a management coumpany runs it you and your staff need a little church and anger management.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank nastycamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Jim Thorpe Camping Resort? Share your experiences!