“Owner is horrible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The owner and the park are my only 2 complaints. First, the owner. HE IS CRAZY!!! He came by our campground at 6am in the morning and yelled at us screaming YOU CRAZY PEOPLE STOP BEING SO LOUD EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!! BE MORE QUIET OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT AND CALLING THE POLICE!!! The campground next to us was hooting and whooping while we were sleeping just fine. Now the park. Me and my friends went down to the park the first day we got there. There is 3 tires piled up on each other with sticks in between to separate them. a wooden truck that my brother fell off of. And a disgusting dirty sandbox. They call that fun. Other than that it was fun.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Coolcamper653

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed there with a group of about 20 for a weekend of paintball and rafting.Met the owner early on felt as if he was trying to intimidate us yelling about foul language had no clue what he was talking about there was 5 ppl there.So later everyone is there and he rolls down on his golf cart Dent head and his side kick Ned Flanders come down to our site at like 10 telling us our music was to loud we had small speakers hooked up to a I-pod I think they where confused they had never seen I-pod before I showed him it as loud as it gets he told me it was louder before and we had to leave I explained we had been drinking and half our party is sleeping we are not going anywhere in the meantime a few guys went on a beer run.Dent head the Owner closed the gate to the entrance well my friends opened it with no damage and drove in well this sent Ned and Dent over the edge he did speed drive by's with his golf cart .Finally the police came and Dent head and Ned accused us of breaking there gate so the police went with a friend of ours up to the gate Ned told the cop the gate would not open when he used the remote the cop asked for the remote gate worked fine we stayed the night packed up in the morning.I would like to go back for a couple hours to really F with them just for fun if I ever find myself in Jim thorpe Pa.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We rented 3 cabins recently and had a wonderful time. I was concerned reading the earlier reviews... But the experience was really good.

Site was clean with access to a nice trail. Bathrooms/showers were well maintained. Cabins were clean and very comfortable. Store did not charge crazy prices for coal, wood, bread, milk, etc... very reasonable and sometimes cheaper than prices I pay in NJ.

Definitely visit again and will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VSfromNJ
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been visiting the Jim Thorpe area since the early 1980's. During the course of this time my family and I have stayed in the hotels, campgrounds and B&B's. We visit all 4 seasons and have many wonderful memories. The best memories are our visits to the Town and our many stays at Jim Thorpe Campground. I have recomended Jim Thorpe Campground to dozens of friends and relatives most of wich have returned because of the pleasant experience they had.

Over the past 30+ years I have watched any and all that behave with disrespect to their neighbors, private property, and the enviorment told to leave the area by both establishment owners and local authorities. The reason we go to Jim Thorpe and the Jim Thorpe Campground is to have fun fishing, hiking and of course the rafting.

During the past 3-4 years there is only one campground I was unable to get a reservation to visit and this was because Jim Thorpe Campgroung was booked and it was booked because it is a great place to visit where family and friends have a great time and bums and wanna be thugs are not allowed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gjarnoldjr
Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you want to hang out in what seems like a refugee camp (meaning crowded), then come here. We stayed here for a fun weekend, and thought twice about our choice of establishments to employ for a night's stay. The town of Jim Thorpe is nice even though I despise tourists from growing up in the area, because a good majority of them are rude. You can hear the music blasting from the road while driving past this place at 45 mph.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hypo_theories
Reviewed August 6, 2011

From what me and my family saw this guy the owner should have management company run this place who in there right mind would be so nasty to people comin to stay at his resort {owner} ever here of word of mouth is how people find you let me tell you when employee go round saying the F_word and you the owner getting in people faces word of mouth leaves campers minds i would go back but only if a management coumpany runs it you and your staff need a little church and anger management.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank nastycamp
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My family and I got 4 cabins all together, that was the only positive thing I can say! I do not have enough words to express how nasty these people are! I checked in only one cabin on a Thurs at 230pm, went to drop my stuff off and notice an ant problem inside the cabin. I asked to have someone come and spray that I would be in town all day, at 8pm when I returned no one had ever come so I decided to stay elsewhere since there is no one there to help after the office closed at 8pm. The next day my entire family, 20 of us came to check in to all the cabins and found that the ants were still there, It took the entire day of spraying over and over and used 2 cans of ant spray to get rid of them. the next day a guy (the owner) came flying up into our camp site on his golf cart cursing at me and my sweet grandmother who was mortified only because we had a visitor arrive and we were not aware she had to "register and pay a $10 fee" just to come say hi. We went to the office to register her and he proceeded to CURSE at us and tell her to get off the -- property or he would call the cops on us! We were simply doing as he asked and went to register her, but he continued to scream and curse at us. We did later find out that he is known for kicking people out for NO REASON and having cursing episodes at most campers! If you have children do not take the chance, this guy is really mean and nasty! NOTE: We have camped at the Mauch Chunk Lake for 8 years in a row, but the site we really like was not available so we decided to try this place out....I WILL NEVER RETURN HERE AND WILL BE GOING BACK TO THE MAUCH CHUNK LAKE where they are hospitable and appreciate your business!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family