“Encore! Encore!”

Tony Stella's Encore
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy, warm and intimate atmosphere. Restored 1860's mansion with original woodwork and fireplaces. Casual or elegant...we are what you make us to be. We are all about the experience you'll have. Resident entertainer Melissa Van Fleet performing smooth, sultry jazz every weekend. Everything is TOP SHELF especially Tony's presentation and staff dedicated to the utmost in service. P.S.(Furry Friends are welcome in our outdoor PUPPY PATIO. Eats for their humans, Treats for the friends! Weather permitting.)
Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Encore! Encore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you thought you had to dive all the way to Philly to get a great meal- think again! In as much time it would take to get to Philly from Collegeville, Pa, my husband and I arrived at the heart of Jim Thorpe for an unforgettable dining experience.

To begin we were greeted by owner Tony Stella who genuinely welcomed us into his beautifully decorated "home". The scene is intimate and elegant, but in no way stuffy. We were promptly served our drinks and offered a basket of focaccia with a garlic sauce that was creamy and a creative alternative to butter or olive oil. Next came the salad - which to me is a tell tale sign of things to come. The greens were actually chopped by hand (no pre - bagged handful!) fresh, a hearty slice of ripe tomato with a vibrant dressing. The entree offerings were familiar; chicken marsala, pasta, steak, lamb chops etc - but the execution was outstanding! I had perfectly prepared lamb on a bed of creamy risotto. No boring mint jelly here! My husband had a filet that he described as perfect.The portions were very generous, especially when compared to its cosmopolitan counterparts. For dessert we were treated by Tony to after dinner liqueur in celebration of our 17th wedding anniversary - a lovely gesture. We split a lemon cake with coconut and lemon curd that was moist and ridiculously light.

As delicious as the meal was - and it was worth the trip- the service was even better. Service at Tony Stella's Encore is the reason why my faith is restored in the dining out experience. Tony Stella does not revolutionize restaurant service - he resurrects it. Most good places are polite and attentive, but Tony and his staff bring you back to a time when restaurants were owned by people who were in the building - not a group of investors; when owners shake hands, make eye contact, and were genuinely thrilled to share their talents with their customers. I watch Tony greet every guest and give his attention to every table. His approach is so second nature that you don't even realize that the owner just bussed your table - because at his restaurant it's all hands on deck, and the deck is a well oiled machine of refined hospitality.

Can you get a great meal in the city? Sure. But what you can't get is Tony Stella.

5 Thank MMK310

Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
“An experience you can't afford to pass up.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Tony Stella's encore is perfectly named for the experience you will be receiving while dinning here.

Wether I doing business in town, or have had friends here for personal leisure (typically whitewater rafting) anytime I want to wow them- having a meal here is the "encore" to all their days.

Every time I have been at this location I have been personally greeted warmly by Tony Stella himself. He remembered details of certain members of our party from previous visits ( such as names, interests and even some drink orders).

Don't be confused his establishment is much more than just him- his staff is also top notch with their attention to detail. In both situations while personally dinning here and also when there for business in our private suite, the staff was there before we realized we had a request. There was always a full glass, and someone to answer questions. Unlike other establishments they are not busy pushing you through a seat- they are there to make you relax & enjoy.

Much like the rest of Jim Thrope, the Albright rich in history- and located in the heart of broadway. The interior of this establishment has been preserved and the atmosphere is well set. Be sure to ask about the history while there.

The menu is a well balance of meal selections, but never the less offers much more than your typical pub food which is what much of what the rest of Jim Thorpe offers. When you come here you should expect to quick service however i encourage you to slow down and enjoy the evening with your friends & family. Some of my favorite menu items was his rack of Lamb. It was very tender and made to perfection.

For deserts he always is rotating many items for my girlfriend & guests however for me its about the liquid desert.

Encores bar has a well stocked selection of hand picked liquor, beers, and wine from around the world. Something not to pass up is they are also the only establishment to offer Absinth experience anywhere in the area.

Don't just eat a meal - Have an experience.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Barachie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to have our first date as a married couple. We happened to stumble upon Encore on the internet, and couldn't have made a better choice! The restaurant is located right in the heart of Jim Thorpe in a beautiful old building. From the moment we walked through the doors, we knew it was going to be a good night. The staff was amazing and very friendly. Tony is extremely hands on. You can tell that he absolutely loves what he does and puts his heart and soul into this restaurant. The bread and garlic romano dip was delicious (so much so that Tony even gave us a quick tip on how to make it...we'll definitely have to try it at home). I ordered one of the specials, which consisted of crab meat rolled in salmon, and my husband had lobster stuffed filet. Both were amazing. Then we had the bananas foster for dessert. Tony flambéed it table side. It was incredible. Needless to say we ate every last bit of food we were served. There's not much else we can say except that the food is delicious and the staff is exceptional. You will definitely feel right at home at Encore!

3 Thank Veronica T
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
“Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I are locals, we've been to Encore multiple times and this is the best restaurant in Jim Thorpe !! Tony is a great host, the service is excellent and the food is also excellent !!
Wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend !
Art- Jim Thorpe

3 Thank Art M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Transcendence in Jim Thorpe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Phenomenal experience. Everything from the service to the food (seafood cooked to perfection) and beautiful music my husband and I were delighted with our dinner and evening at Encore. Tony Stella is truly a wonderful host and owner. Time stands still and you feel like you are the only customer. We will be back!!

3 Thank Angel4joy