“Amazing Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tony Stella's Encore

Tony Stella's Encore
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy, warm and intimate atmosphere. Restored 1860's mansion with original woodwork and fireplaces. Casual or elegant...we are what you make us to be. We are all about the experience you'll have. Resident entertainer Melissa Van Fleet performing smooth, sultry jazz every weekend. Everything is TOP SHELF especially Tony's presentation and staff dedicated to the utmost in service. P.S.(Furry Friends are welcome in our outdoor PUPPY PATIO. Eats for their humans, Treats for the friends! Weather permitting.)
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Tony knows how to run a restaurant, and it made for a very memorable 15th anniversary dinner. You not only get an amazing meal, but the entire dining experience is exceptional. Tony seated us and explained the specials and a few select menu items, and did it in a way that showed a passion for what he did. His staff compliments his style well, and saw to it that our drinks were always full and our dishes, which were absolutely delicious, were served and cleared timely. When my wife and I told Tony that we based our decision to eat at his place from the TripAdvisor reviews, he took the time to tell us how he came to own the restaurant and the effort it's taken him to move the place up the rankings. That effort clearly shows, and not only will we return the next time we visit Jim Thorpe with our kids for some rafting, but we have already recommended Encore to friends that plan to be there in a couple of months.

3 Thank David E

connecticut
“Worthy of Five Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is by far one of the best restaurants I have been to in a long time…From the moment you enter, you are greeted by the owner Tony who makes you feel comfortable…The food is absolutely amazing. What a gem. The four of us loved every course. His recommendations were truly true to his word…Don't visit this area without trying this restaurant. You will want to go back

3 Thank conderost
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I are still gushing about the dining experience we experienced over this weekend at Encore. We didn't have reservations but Tony squeezed us in anyway and thankfully right next to the most talented pianist singer we've heard in a long time (Melissa). The method of server 'management' was truly unique; wasn't made up of different waiters/waitresses servicing specific tables but instead, it was a beautiful/constant coordination of 3-4 people, including Tony himself, taking the orders; bringing the drinks/removing plates, etc. I even asked one of the workers if they were all related because they seemed to have a true investment in the company as opposed to being "just" employees. the food of course was off the charts. We have very high standards and expectations of dining experience and Encore surpassed our hopes and expectations. I would definitely recommend this place and we are already talking about a return trip, both to the area of Jim Thrope which is absolutely charming, and especially to Encore. I don't think I'd eat dinner anywhere else after being so spoiled!

3 Thank Dennise360
Myerstown, PA
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed some Absinthe in the bar before dinner as well as some cocktails. Our bartender was knowledgeable and friendly and helped my husband, who has enjoyed Absinthe in the past, select just the right variety.

When we were seated in the dining room, the waitresses were nothing less than attentive to just the right degree, and Tony presented the specials with a flourish you only get from someone with a true passion for their work.

I had the salmon spiral with lump crab and my husband had the fillet. Both were cooked to perfection and the portions were so ample that we ended up taking the pasta sides to go.

My only regret is that I didn't have enough room to try and of the desserts - I was really hoping to try the bananas foster.

We have eaten in many fabulous restaurants, the most notable of which were in New Orleans. Encore gave us that same experience. We would happily return to Jim Thorpe for the day simply to dine here.

Encore defines what good restaurants are all about: passion for food and fabulous service from each and every member of the staff.

3 Thank jk2121
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Anniversary Dinner We'll Never Forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were staying in Jim Thorpe for our 10th wedding anniversary and wanted to have a romantic dinner somewhere special. Our B&B host recommended Tony Stella's Encore as a great choice, and after reading other reviews we chose Encore. We were not disappointed! We did not have a reservation but arrived early, and were seated immediately by Tony himself. (We suggest reservations on weekends. If we had come later, we may not have gotten a table!) The ambience was great. The building was built by a Civil War General named Albright, an important citizen of the town. Tony has decorated it elegantly. We missed the pianist who plays and sings regularly during dinner hours, but hope to return soon to hear her. You could not miss the gorgeous piano as a focal point of the dining room. We were comfortable as soon as we sat down.

Service was outstanding! Tony described his choices for the evening, and it was obvious that his recipes were from the family and prepared with love. We had rosemary focaccia bread with Tony's own rich dipping sauce, and it was delicious! We then tried a filet appetizer with romano and parmesan cheeses in an edible bowl also made of parmesan with a lovely presentation of greens and berries. After a salad course, we had fantastic main courses as well. Adrienne had a pork dish and I chose a veal choice from the evening's specials. We both loved our choices, right down to the crisp asparagus and pasta served with the meal. The whole meal we were treated to attentive service, water glasses that were never empty, and Tony's personal attention in just the right amount to let us know he wanted our dinner to be perfect. Our dinner was romantic and special in every way, and I can't say enough about visiting Tony and his wonderful staff.

We were too full for dessert, so we went to our concert. But when it was over, we loved our experience at Tony's so much that we decided to go back for a late dessert. The dining room was closed, but Encore keeps its bar open late for the concert crowd. We called ahead, and Tony warmly welcomed us back for a perfect ending to a great evening. Tiramisu was decadent and among the best my wife ever had. My apricot bread pudding with ice cream was fantastic. The entire dining experience was a joy, and one my wife and I will treasure. If you are in Jim Thorpe for lunch or dinner, don't hesitate. Make your way to Encore!

3 Thank Chris_Adrienne2004