“Yummy Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cozy, warm and intimate atmosphere. Restored 1860's mansion with original woodwork and fireplaces. Casual or elegant...we are what you make us to be. We are all about the experience you'll have. Resident entertainer Melissa Van Fleet performing smooth, sultry jazz every weekend. Everything is TOP SHELF especially Tony's presentation and staff dedicated to the utmost in service. P.S.(Furry Friends are welcome in our outdoor PUPPY PATIO. Eats for their humans, Treats for the friends! Weather permitting.)
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

great relaxing lunch. we visited Jim Thorpe last Saturday and this was a perfect place for lunch. everyone was friendly and helpful, food was delicious and being able to sit outside on a gorgeous day was priceless (especially after the winter we just had in north east PA!) crab-cake sandwich and spicy french fries were excellent. restaurant is in a really cool and beautiful building. if you visit Jim Thorpe do not skip stopping here for a meal. can't wait to go back

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mary H

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Better than you can imagine.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great ambiance, great food, personal,service. Owner Tony Stella waits on customers, making sure their experience goes well. He's not afraid to bring you a drink or bring out your dish. He is fully hands on! There is a chef! We were there for lunch and dinner and the food was unforgettable! Tony knew we were celebrating our 30th anniversary so that evening he waited on us himself and we got food not on the remedially menu! He took care of us from start to finish! It was an amazing very personal experience!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gracegirl29
Collegville
“A touch of New York, and delicious!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having had dinner with Tony and the delightful Katherine on Friday and Saturday evening I just wanted t o say that this is the place to visit. Presentation, taste, fun, excellent service, it truly was a great experience. Saturday evenings the music provided by Melissa is like a step back in time to a supper club. I really do not usually rave but I must say that Tony's place is where you want to go.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Laura H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying a few blocks down the street, and we stopped in here on a whim for a beer. Tony (I think) was very welcoming and directed us to the bar. The bar area was super inviting with a fireplace and wood everywhere. I think the bartender said the building was built in the mid 1800s? She also said it was the second oldest absinthe distillery in the country. I wish I would've caught her name, because she was wonderful. We're not used to friendly, attentive, and personable bartenders, and it was refreshing. She gave us the whole history on the town, the bar, the inn we were staying at, what to do, etc. Heads up...apparently this place is haunted, but I'm pretty sure the whole town is anyways.The absinthe she prepared for us was pretty awesome, and the presentation was great. I would love to come back here and try the food on our next visit. Thanks again, everyone was wonderful!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Katie Z
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Superb Food & Service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

While staying at the Jim Thorpe Inn this past weekend, my boyfriend and I decided to try Tony Stella's Encore which was just a few blocks up from the Inn. Hands down, it was the absolute best food I have ever eaten in my entire life. I love to cook and try new restaurants and I have to say that not only was the taste of the food superb but the presentation was beautiful and each course was timed perfectly. Tony could not have been more accommodating, knowledgeable and friendly. He frequently checked on us and took the time to actually get to know us. He made us feel like family. He gave us a history lesson on the restaurant and even took us on a tour upstairs to the lounge area where guests can have a drink or appetizer while they wait for a table. The very next night, we attempted to try two other restaurants and after viewing the menus we walked out and headed right back to Encore. I knew I had to get another dose of the food, atmosphere and even Tony himself before leaving Jim Thorpe. If you visit the area, you MUST try Encore. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! Thanks Tony! WE WILL BE BACK! Samantha & Pat

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Samantha0303
kitten1962, Manager at Tony Stella's Encore, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We hope your time at Encore added to the memories you will have of our great little town Jim Thorpe.