“A wonderful meal”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Staten Island, New York, USA
“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Moya and we were as happy as we were last fall.
I requested what I like in a martini and a special one was created.
Go hungry for the portions are large and well made. The pastas, fish, lamb and beef that our party of four ordered were all delicious. The salads and desserts are excellent.
The decor is simple and the restaurant is comfortable.
Having not known on our first visit that the chef owner was from New York, we had discussed that Moya would be a great Manhattan restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Northern New Jersey
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I ate at Moya during a weekend trip to Jim Thorpe for our anniversary. The restaurant was recommended by the B&B we were staying at. The food was delicious. I had an asparagus, beet, goat cheese and almond salad to start, and really wanted to lick my plate, it was soooooo good. The goat cheese was fried slightly on the outside with bread crumbs. I had fusilli with lump crab meat in a creamy sauce for dinner. It was wonderful. It was also a generous portion, I couldn't finish it. My husband had the celery root caesar which he described as excellent and the short rib, which he described as very good. The food came out quickly and the atmosphere was beautiful with a vase of perfect long steam roses in the room. They were so perfect I had to touch them to see if they were real. I love restaurants that take the time to add finishing touches such as these. All in all we were pleased.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WeirdNJ
Brick, New Jersey
“Great food each time we come!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Catfish was awesome. Rainbow trout salad excellent. Pork very flavorful! Reasonably priced for such good food!

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I loved everything about this restaurant. Our server (I think Erika) was exceptional. She was very helpful and we never felt like we were waiting for anything. The food was spectacular. They had an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list. I found the prices reasonable for a sophisitcated night out. We were seated with views out to the old church. We started with a salad and the almond encrusted eggplant (Suprisingly light tasting). My husband had the braised short ribs and I had the rack of lamb (huge portion!). We shared the chocolate covered peanut butter ice cream and had two drinks each. The total was $121 before tip. I would not miss a trip to eat here!

Visited May 2014
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Why isn't this restaurant in NYC?”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were told that Moya is the best restaurant in Jim Thorpe. After eating there we concur. The menu is eclectic. The food is wonderfully prepared. The best veal I've had in a long time. My wife's short ribs were falling off the bone. Everything we had there was wonderful.

Visited May 2014