“Fantastic!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Long Island, NY
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hubby and I ate here over the weekend for our Valentine's dinner. The place is beautiful, the food was amazing (I had the mushroom and goat cheese ravioli, hubby had the steak special) and the staff was fabulous. First time in Jim Thorpe. If we ever go back, we are definitely eating here again!

• Visited February 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't believe the hype... Not Good”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My Fiancé brought me here for my birthday. The atmosphere was nice, but they didn't have any music and the tables were placed very close together. Our waitress was good at first. They had one dinner special on a Friday night. Beer list was decent so we ordered 2 different IPA's. We got our food, the short ribs were extremely fatty, sides were good. Salmon that my fiancé ordered was good and well cooked and not overdone, but the sweet soy glaze was super gingery and there was way too much sauce. NOW the part that was terrible! After we drank out beers, we noticed one was over a YEAR expired!!! That is bad, but the staff reaction was offended that we brought it to their attention. Manager said, "well then you don't have to pay for it" no sorry or I apologize or if can't believe that happened... Just a waitress throwing a $5 on our table and walking away. Worst service I have received in a long time. Save yourself a lackluster meal with poor service and go anywhere else in Jim Thorpe such a cool town.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Ziggtos
“Confused...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Now when i say "confused" i truly dont mean that in a bad way... I am merely referring to the state of mind i was left in, not because of the spectacular beer selection which i explored as thoroughly as possible, but confused because i drove two and a half hours to a place; i fully believed could not poses this type of talented chef or chefs. This place was spectacular from the outside it is humble yet colorful, INSIDE was beautiful and well maintained and clean. Like i said earlier the craft beer selection AWESOME! The menu an amazingly balanced array of dishes that were not only at an acceptable price but generous portions! My Fiancée and i both had first and mains. The bread they dropped at the table was great as well! This place is a must go if you are out for a really nice date.

The only reason i gave 4 out of 5 is that the wait staff could use a little more knowledge of the menu. When asked about two different dishes the waiting staff responded " well you can get pasta anywhere and the crab cakes are completely different" yes we know that. And also they take calls at the bar which is very open and fielding calls and then making frustrated sounds about the questions asked is not a good idea either.

Overall though this place is great, Great, GREAT! You should go and with the polishing of a couple small things front of house this place will be great for a long time...

1 Thank Jcoz689
“Best meal of the year!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Dined recently on a snowy,chilly night. Seating is tight, but we're very fortunate to be seated next to a great couple, but could have been awkward if you're not friendly and want a quiet, private dinner. I had the goat geese and asparagus salad my mate got the smoked trout salad, both excellent! We shared our entrees of braised short ribs and salmon which were absolutely delicious. Our long island iced teas were tasty and treasonable at $8. The meal was a little pricey but I feel worth it when enjoyed as much as we did. Highly recommend if you're friendly. :-)

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent food! ”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Our experience at moya was great. I had the salmon and it was perfect. My girlfriend had the cheese ravioli and she said it was delicious. I ate half of hers and it really was awesome. The drinks are super expensive but very good. Overall, it's more on the expensive side but worth it.