“Another great experience!”

Woy Woy Fishermen's Wharf
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Woy Woy
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A merry old seafood joint in the best little town on Earth called Woy Woy, sitting on a jetty on Brisbane Water on the beautiful NSW Central Coast. A seafood market, take away fish & chip shop and a killer laid back restaurant. Come for a very very very casual dining experience surrounded by pelicans, boats & mangroves. Bring a smile, leave your pretensions at the door and enjoy some of freshest and most delicious seafood you'll ever eat! We're not fine dining, we're bloody good fish & chips on the water with beautiful wines to match. We look forward to seeing you at the Wharf.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to this restauranrt several times and this recent visit did not disappoint!! After our two hour drive our Saturday lunch was great with delicious food, good wine, and a nice atmosphere.

As usual we ate too much and tried plenty. Once again the fish tacos were an absolute standout as was the lobster mornay. Also really enjoyed the salt & pepper squid and classic fish and chips.
I'm not a drinker but my friends assured me the wine was nice. And as a big dessert fan I tried the gelato plate which was very enjoyable.

I've read some comments about the service but I thought it was good as usual. I like that they don't smother or annoy you every 5 minutes and we were left to relax and enjoy the afternoon. The restaurant was somewhat busy but not too crowded. Our fellow diners seemed to enjoy themselves as they ordered almost everything we did and said they loved it as they left! Love that family friendly feel.

Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The actual venue is charming, lovely rustic-boatshed decor, and location perfect, right over the water at Woy Woy. The food was pretty good too and it's probably the best place to eat in Woy Woy if you're after something stylish and nice. But sadly the visit was lessened by the rudest wait staff I've ever encountered. All 3 staff members we saw were either rude, surly or uncommunicative (until after about 20mins our waitress seemed to warm to us????). Given that there are several comments on this site that point to that fact I'm surprised it has not been addressed by the owner. I would like to return to this restaurant with a different set of friends to share the great place I've discovered.......but due to rude staff I will not.

3  Thank Tabatha F
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have just made a booking using the “OUFFER’’ voucher and the deal comes with 1 Doz Oysters, I asked if I could get a side salad instead of the oysters OMG you have thought I was asking for her 1st born she was very rude and said NO substitutions, I said but you will save money it’s just a side salad and you will save money she said its written here in large letters NO substitutions it went on from there, I called back to speak to the manager and her attitude was just as bad. I remember the last time I went the service was also disgraceful and the staff were horrible, I will never use or recommend this restaurant, I’m trying to get refund from OUFFER just think if they treat you like this making the booking I shudder to think what the day will be like

2  Thank jenwa61
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Like many restaurants, the view and surrounding areas are better than the food. This is a very relaxing place to enjoy a leisurely afternoon but the food is almost an adjunct - - adequate but not special

SamCClayton, Owner at Woy Woy Fishermen's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reviews of the Wharf. Good to see you coming back.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently bought a voucher for lunch consisting of "dozen oysters and bucket of prawns and bottle of wine" on a web site, the food was good but service somewhat unfriendly . And the bucket of prawns did not come in a bucket it was a few prawns on a plate. Disappointing . Don go with this voucher and expect a meal for two it was just enough for one and had to order more. Do no go here if you want a private conversation, the family at the next table were virtually sitting in my lap.

3  Thank kim w