Once again , I stayed at Carte Bienvenue rates ( I work in car rental ) - so our price was amazingly cheap by Sydney standards. Having stayed there aprox 30 years ago, I was impressed by the updated decor. Room & bedding were excellent & the double glazed windows kept the noise of the adjacent freeway & airport to a minimum. Only thing that we heard was the arrival of an A380 ( and we were happy to jump out of bed to see it land ). Bathroom was showing its age - but had been freshly repained with new tapware, toilet and vanity.
Breakfast was normal hotel buffet fare - once again fine for the price. My only hint is to use a cab to get to and from the airport if you have a group of people. This will work out much cheaper & convenient than the shuttle ( which is not operated by the hotel itself ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Sydney International Airport is conveniently located near both the international and domestic airport terminals, adjacent to the 18 hole Kogarah Golf Club and only 15 minutes from the city centre. Situated on the Cooks River and surrounded by parklands, the hotel features 271 modern accommodation rooms with no disturbance from plane take off or landing. Convenience is ensured with Wolli Creek train station a 5 minute walk away as well as a Bar and Restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Sydney International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sydney Airport Hotel Wolli Creek
- Mercure Wolli Creek
- Mercure Hotel Sydney Airport