Stayed here for 5 nights in total, 3 nights and then 2 nights sandwiching a trip to New Zealand. We chose this hotel due to having family in the wolli creek area.
Stayed in a Superior double double room. Rooms were nicely decorated, clean and generally quiet. Beds were comfortable and the shower had a decent bathtub that we could use to bathe our little one. The hotel provided a cot free of charge for the first 3 day stay but little one didn't really sleep well and ended up staying with mum in one of the double beds, so we didn't request it on the second 2 night stay. The cot was reasonable quality though.
Tried room service on the second stay as we had a $50 food credit as part of the accor hotels weekend stay deal and the food was very good, in particular the Burger was the best I've had in a long time. We also had breakfast which was standard buffet fair, food quality was ok but service was generally poor here as things took a long time to be refilled and some things like muffins are never refilled as far as I can tell. The pancake machine also doesn't work. Breakfast was included in our rate so it was ok, I'd have been very unhappy if I'd paid $25-30 per person for it though.
Front desk service was good and didn't have to wait long on either trip, staff pretty helpful and offered the baby cot for free without us having to ask (I believe some places in Australia charge for this which is a joke).
Shuttle bus to the airport is fine and only takes 5 minutes, it's a bit steep at $6 per person but then a taxi would cost around $15 so work out if it's worth it for you.
Overall, a nice hotel and which we'd happily stay in again if we returned to Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Sydney International Airport is conveniently located near both the international and domestic airport terminals, adjacent to the 18 hole Kogarah Golf Club and only 15 minutes from the city centre. Situated on the Cooks River and surrounded by parklands, the hotel features 271 modern accommodation rooms with no disturbance from plane take off or landing. Convenience is ensured with Wolli Creek train station a 5 minute walk away as well as a Bar and Restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Sydney International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sydney Airport Hotel Wolli Creek
- Mercure Wolli Creek
- Mercure Hotel Sydney Airport