“OK for 1 night”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wolli Creek
SUNSHINE COAST AUSTRALIA
“OK for 1 night”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed 1 night before an overseas flight. We had an early 4.30am wake up call which was on time. The hotel is undergoing a refurb, the foyer and reception look good. Our room needed a refurb !! We had dinner in the restaurant just after checking in, we had alacarte and the food was excellent. The shuttle was on time for our early departure. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
New South Wales
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It could have just been that my room was on the side next to the road. Hard to tell. During the night I could have sworn my bed was in the middle of it for the noise of cars and trucks. You would swear there was a window open it was that loud.
Then there were the pillows, there appeared to be four different ones but none of them were comfortable. To top of the noise from outside I had to deal with a bar fridge that was intent on adding to the noise level, if I had been able to unplug it I would have. Was able to centre it within it's cabinet which helped a bit. In the end I put one of the lumpy pillows over my head to try to drown out the noise. To spend $165 for one night with no sleep I was not a happy camper. I stayed there versus the Formule1 for the sole purpose of getting a good nights sleep. At least at the Formule1 I would have expected the noise and saved a hundred dollars with it.

I have to give the hotel credit though, because when I checked out I told them about the noise and they did not charge me for my two shuttles back and forth from the airport as an apology.

A friend met me for dinner after I arrived from the airport. I had eaten before the flight and on the plane so only wanted a salad. They brought me a very nice looking, very large one, but after closer inspection I had to wonder where the lettuces had come from. It looked like it had been around the block a few times. When I complained about it they took it off the bill and also brought us another glass of wine each on the house, which I thought was above and beyond. They were very eager to please. My friend said she enjoyed her lamb very much and we also shared a cheese plate which was quite nice as well. The bill still came to over $75 for a cheese plate, 2 glasses wine and my friends main. So I would say just a bit on the pricey side.

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the top and away from the road would be a little quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lithgow
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed for one night on route to Gold Coast. Beds very comfy, room very clean, no noise. Walked to the Rowing Club for a lovely dinner. Staff friendly. Had a room overlooking airport which we watched the planes taking off and landing with the kids. This was lovely. Wake up call was right on time 4.00am. Meals very expensive in restaurant even buffet was too pricey. Ok if just two of you but not four as we were. We also didn't realise we would have to pay for parking. Usually if we stay in hotels/motels guests can park for free. Anyway overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cessnock, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a very good location and the shuttle provided takes the stress of getting to the airport. Unfortunately the meal at the restaurant could have been better as I had been led to believe the buffet was really good but on this night it was $20 for a salad buffet which was very minimalistic. Unfortunately I saw many people read the menu and then leave the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolli Creek
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport

Been to Mercure Sydney International Airport? Share your experiences!