“Keep driving,” 2 of 5 bubbles

Woolgoolga Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woolgoolga
“Keep driving,”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The owner rang us an hour before we were due to arrive and told us the family size room we had booked was not available as the air conditioner was broken. We were told we could have a queen size room with an extra bed in.  We agreed thinking it would be a little squashy with 4 of us, but thought at least we would save money.   No more than half an hour later, he rang back to say the air was fixed and we would be in the family room as originally booked
What actually happened was we were put in the queen room and still charged for the family room.  There is no way six people could sleep in the room we were in as stated in the description on the website, our room had a queen bed and 2 singles pushed side by side.
 on website it states -
"family room - sleeps up to 6, double bed , two singles and a bunk bed,
Queen room  - queen bed and a single bed, sleeps no more than 3 adults.
( I notice the website now states only queen size rooms...., what happened to the family rooms??.)
(Couple in next room were charged $85 for a room the same size as ours but with only a double bed and a lounge) we didn't have a lounge, there was no room! Yet we were charged $150 a night!!!

Pool was green and unswimmable,, very different to web picture. Manager told us that he had put chlorine in and it and that was why it was green .???

BBQ was filthy upon arrival and still filthy on departure.

One tea and one coffee satchel for four people and  no milk.  Was not refilled over our stay, except when we asked .  No cutlery , just two wooden stirrers.

Had to ask for a toaster and he seemed to have trouble locating one.

Sheets and towels not changed during our stay. No bath mat, had to ask for one.

Floors were clean,  bathroom was cleaned but  the floor and shower tiles could use a good scrub to get rid of built up mould  in the grout of the tiles

we ran out of toilet paper ..only one roll supplied
Would recommend only for people wanting somewhere to sleep overnight, definitely not for more than one night.

Room Tip: Keep going if you can, if not better bring your own tea and coffee...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank silvertrains

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

In my opinion, this "3 star motel",should not have even 1 star. On arrival I thought this was a slightly below average motel, well I soon changed my mind and wished I had taken time to read the other reviews for this establishment. After booking in we went up to see if they served breakfast....NO!, however we did manage to get a toaster at least (after asking),so we could at least have something to eat in the morning. Next morning we went out around 9am, returning at 1pm, to find our room was not made up and our supplies of tea/coffee/toilet paper etc not replenished. When I asked the manager (a Melbourne taxi driver, who was filling in for his cousin overseas) if the room was going to be serviced, he looked at me with a blank stare. I finally got out of him that the room was not made up as I had not left the key for them and asked them to make up the room. I then asked again and was told it was too late to make up the room. Then we decided to go for a swim in the "POOL", that I was advised they had when making the booking. FILTHY !!! YOU COULD NOT SEE BELOW MAYBE 1 FOOT OF WATER FROM THE GREEN SLIME. The tarriff of this motel was around the same as all the others in the area, so I suggest if you want to stay in a beautiful little town like Woolgoolga, I would AVOID THIS MOTEL like the plague. I would suggest that the taxi driver from Melbourne return Melbourne as soon as possible and I hope to never run in to him when I am after a cab, because I would hate to see the state of his cab.

2 Thank Eddiep02
Port Macquarie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Upon arrival note on door, really high, rang bell no answer, then noticed sign. "Be back in 10 minutes". Waited 15 then rang number, owner inside. Pool dirty, stayed two nights room not refreshed. No milk for coffee, not enough coffee, sugar or tea.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of the worst motel in Australia, I can't believe they let this motel operate , full of dust on the bed and bed covers, bad smell , no proper bath rooms, no place to shave, very old doors and windows, doubt it is secure to saty, please stay away,you regret staying here , Oh yeah it's No refund , very old bath towel , incomftaible bed , very dirty carpet , when I asked for someone to come vaccume the carpet they told me that they don't have a vacce cleaner and it is done already.
Very bad customer service and no hospitality standards at all.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jacob M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you just want a place to stay its OK,,, but very very average.
Some obvious renovations but still needs some work and some better service!
We did enjoy our walk to the beach and dinner at the tavern - highlight of the stop!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolgoolga
Coastal Bay Motel
Rosebourne Gardens Motel
Rosebourne Gardens Motel
#1 of 5 in Woolgoolga
Woolgoolga Beach Holiday Park

Been to Woolgoolga Motor Inn? Share your experiences!