“Poor service”

Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Wollombi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant and cafe located in a historic sandstone building with a warm and rustic atmosphere inside leading to a romantic terrace and rose-filled garden at the rear.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The reason we had a coffee here was because it was the only place open. The barista greeted us as though we were an inconvenience. We ordered a large cappuccino and a large latte, we got two small cappuccino's. I really couldn't be bothered complaining because honestly I dont think he would have cared.

2  Thank LucyOrangeNSW

Reviewed January 23, 2013

So we arrived at 11.15am on a Sunday morning for brunch/ breakfast & had an unimpressive customer experience.
Started with what turned out to be the owner who was sitting in the front of the restaurant when arrived, who was quite surly - which was off putting, certainly no welcome mat or joy for customers.
Then we were told by two very uninterested staff members who were lounging around & chatting, that breakfast had finished 15 mins ago & lunch was not for another 45 mins & basically there was nothing they could offer us & so there.... must be great to be able to afford to pay staff to do nothing.
Thankfully in this very small rural community of 2 cafes, 1 pub, a church, there was another much more welcoming cafe across the road.
People with this attitude should not be in the hospitality industry.

2  Thank MazzAustralia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited Panino's for dinner, and I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food here was. The Chef does an incredible job. I am a fussy eater, and the chef was happy to accommodate my request and also another dinners query about her allergy. I had the steak & I must say it was probably the best I have ever had. The waitress was friendly & genuinely seemed to enjoy her job. It's only been 3 weeks since we visited and already I wish I could go back for another steak! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Lunch : Ordered prawn linguini, fresh mushrooms pizza n these were shared amongst our family of 3. The aroma of the pizza and the linguini perfected to "Al dente" was simply heavenly. Prawns so fresh that u could taste it.
Petite restaurant with external and internal dining options.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Bruno and his wife Victoria have a great local restaurant in the village of Wollombi. I am a bit biased as this is a local to us. Their food is great and the staff are excellent. The main dining room can be a bit noisy if a crowd is present - but this tends to give the place atmosphere - never been to a quiet Italian styled place !!. Specials on the menu change reguarily. Signature dishes are always good.