“My new favourite hunter valley restaurant - and I'm fussy !!”
Review of Panino Restaurant

Panino Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Wollombi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant and cafe located in a historic sandstone building with a warm and rustic atmosphere inside leading to a romantic terrace and rose-filled garden at the rear.
newcastle
“My new favourite hunter valley restaurant - and I'm fussy !!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

What can I say - Panino turned out to be a real surprise !! Surgio the chef is a moody food genius who adds to the overall experience , and is the very definition of an 'artist' when it comes to his creations ! The waitress who served us on the night was highly efficient without breaking a sweat , and manged to stay warm and friendly throughout a very busy night. The food was AMAZING !! I had the sushimi beef for an entree and it was so tender I has trouble getting it on my fork , it was falling apart !! The locals recommended the goat for the main and I wasn't disappointed ! The building itself is old and tastefully decorated with an old fireplace in the main dining area, just beautiful. I won't be going to pokolbin to eat anymore. This is my new fav place in the hunter valley !!

Sydney, Australia
“Really not very special”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place certainly looks fantastic, and it's a great idea: deli-style cosy local cafe which can also turn out a great dinner... only it really isn't that great at being either a cafe or a restaurant.

The coffee is among the worst I've ever had in my life - and I've tried it three times now so it's not just a case of 'the wrong person on the machine'. And the meals, while perfectly adequate if you're hungry and need feeding, are really no better than you'd make yourself (and in some cases, signficantly worse). And they cost as much as really good meals in Sydney or elsewhere in the Hunter.

I won't go back. Which is a pity, because it is a fantastic location and a lovely space. And the staff are friendly and helpful. I'd love to see someone take over and create a cafe/deli/restaurant with the atmosphere of Panino but which used fresh local produce to produce simple but delicious meals which were worth paying that bit more for in order to truly enhance your visit to Wollombi...

• Visited April 2012
Scotland
“A delightful meal in a local bistro”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Efficient friendly service; excellent food; simple menu with plenty of local specialities.

Visited March 2012
Central coast, nsw,australia
“A deli with no deli meat?? Pfft!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Im confused firstly how you can advertise your open to 3pm on a saturday for lunch but when we try to order they say kitchen is closed?? Secondly how do you get away with advertising your a deli, with no deli meat??//?

• Visited March 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Dinner for 6”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Lovely local food, good choice of food, very nice decor.

Visited February 2012