“Friendly, Fair price and basic comfort”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Wyalong
True Blue Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 West Wyalong B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My family and I where passing through West Wyalong for the night. We were greeted by a friendly owner, who was happy to wait up for us to check-in at 11pm. The Family room was spacious with all the things we needed. Bathroom and facilities were good. Room was clean, furniture was a little run down, beds were not the most comfortable but fine for late stop in.

Room Tip: Family room is comfortable for brief stop in
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for True Blue Motor Inn

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Arriving in town after dark I found my hotel had overbooked and didn't have a room available so went in search of another. Ambassadors looked OK from outside (in the dark) and a phone call locked in a room. Dinner wasn't available because the restaurant was closed. A cooked breakfast was ordered, albeit with a limited selection of juices and cereals. Once inside the room it was clear this place needed maintenance. All the bathroom taps leaked from the spindles, there were a couple of tiles missing from the shower recess (revealing rotting wall structure), the wash basin was badly stained and there were a few cobwebs decorating the ceiling. Sleep quality was fair. In the morning light it was apparent how neglected the grounds were; dead palm fronds littered the driveway & garden, old cardboard boxes, baskets & a grotty looking mattress leaned against the office buidling and the grass/weeds in the front garden were near shoulder high. The whole place just looked BAD and it seemed like the owners were in a 'Catch 22' - not enough income to maintain the property yet little or no patronage (read income) due to its appearance. To me the place didn't look too old and probably has potential if tidied up and maintained.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank The_Uplinker
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I hate being negative, so will keep this brief.
Ambassadors True Blue Motor Inn at West Wyalong is the worst motel at which I have ever stayed. In fact, I pretty well 'dared' myself to go ahead and make a booking for a night. It is old, it is tired - very tired - and it is dirty. This last even extended to soap and toothpaste from the previous night's guest still on the vanity. The pillows were low, flat and hard, as was the bed.
Two things I must add: There was a sink hole (from mining activity?) at the front of the driveway. From the plant growth in it, it must have been that way for at least a couple of years. The office had at least two long, prominent, dusty spider webs draped across one end of the reception desk. A sign of pride or possession?
In a word (well, two)... Don't Bother...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank John R
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I called at this West Wyalong motel during a journey from Brisbane to Melbourne in May. I went to the reception desk and asked the lady for a room - so far, so good. When I asked what time breakfast was available she told me that they do not serve breakfasts, not even continental ones as "so few people want breakfast that it is not worth providing it, besides most people drive on to somewhere where here is a McDonalds". I was rather taken back by this and indicated that I found it very unusual for a motel, especially along the Newell Highway, not to provide breakfast.The women suggested that this was not the case - I have stayed in enough motels over the years to know this is simply not true. I then decided that if there was no breakfast provided I might depart a little earlier. I asked what was the earliest time I could check out and the women said '9.00am'. Again I was surprised at this given that most Australian motels provide a checkout from around 7.00am and in many cases earlier. The women on reception suggested that a 9.00 am check out was 'normal. I responded by saying that a 9.00am checkout was definitely not normal and that it was too late for me as I had to cover a reasonable distance the next day. I was basically told that I could take it or leave it - so I took back my credit card , walked out and booked into another motel which did provide breakfast and an earlier checkout. Fortunately West Wyalong has a large number of motels in relation to the size of the town so I was able to easily obtain a room for the night at another property. My advice to travellers - do not even bother calling in to this motel - there was a total absence of customer service and a 'don't give a dam' attitude. This property is deserves to go out of business and is a disgrace to West Wyalong.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo