“Beautiful Country Retreat.”
Review of Hermitage Hill

Hermitage Hill
Ranked #1 of 8 Wellington B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I Stayed in the Hotel at the Cottage and it was very Nice. I returned there and I stayed on the individual room. It is very small and Very Dark but clean. The Shared Bathroom and Toilets was very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sergiosydney

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay whilst I attended the very sad occasion of my Uncle's funeral. I couldn't have found a more peaceful, comfortable and welcoming place to stay. I booked for myself and other relatives all travelling from different states and driving very long distances thus arriving at different, and rather late, times. The managers at Hermitage Hill were so welcoming and made every effort to make our stay comfortable. Nothing seemed too much trouble. We stayed in the guest house which, although modern, still retains it's old world charm. The main buildings are magnificent and a wonderful reminder of a time gone by. Unlike the other motels in Wellington, Hermitage Hill does not suffer from the terrible rumble of traffic from the main road. In fact it is so peaceful and quiet it's hard to remember that you are within walking distance to town !
I would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful country retreat.

Room Tip: The guest house is fantastic if you are travelling as a group. Ask for a room that has verandah acc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Paula D
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Would not honour booking/voucher and were extremely rude with about it, they had over booked us for a function. I would not recommend this place for either functions or accommodation, possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. No refund and no accommodation. Never saw the rooms but if they were as inhospitable as the management I certainly would not recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grayhairedsmith
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not for city slickers, but this place and it's location are about as genuine country town as you can get while still accessing water, tv, air conditioning, comfy clean beds. Overall it's a nice stay. The place was originally a hospital and has been renovated with a touch of olde world charm. It has a number of cottages available for families but each room/cottage is unique so difficult to critique. Our cottage was the original store and has a claw foot bath and classic tiles. The balcony view was a serene view overlooking the valley and a mob of kangaroos. There are security gates. Restaurant only open Friday and Saturday nights so shop at Coles or Woolies and use the plates, cups and cutlery provided.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Felt like management had some issue with company they had the package deal with. Didnt offer anywhere for our two children to stay with us as an extra just that upgrading would cost more than the package.
Probably my fault just expected a little more in the way of flexibility being a little country town. But I am from the bush and it was only an internet deal.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank jim201
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The old hospital has been wonderfully restored and retains its original character. The town itself is a bit of a let down - but the guest house and main reception area are wonderful if you are looking for a period building with lots of charm. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was also very nice. Only down side of the place was the lack of bathrooms/toilets in the guest house - 13 rooms and only 2 toilets/bathrooms for the girls.......

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monica W
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night. The room was very small but nicely furnished. There was only one bedside table and the room was very dark. It has been converted from the old hospital - but they should have joined two room together to make each room much more comfortable. The room including the ensuite was very clean. We had been advised that the restaurant was open but when we walked over it was closed! Very limited eating options in Wellington.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pumpkin20

Been to Hermitage Hill? Share your experiences!