“great value”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

a party of 32 we were with all different orders yet out they came pretty well together
the servings were full and all had compliments about their dish
I had the fish and prawn pie awesome!!

the drinks may have been a little tardy but not worrisome

an ideal location to watch the boats go by on the river

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This was formerly Markwell's Seafood and this was the first time I had visited since it became its current name. The take-away section displayed an appealing menu with an almost empty seafood display. Waiting outside for my food, there was an abundance of dead leaves under the tables even though they were inside and the place had a general feeling of being unloved. To the food... The cooked prawns had obviously been frozen and some were so mushy and fishy tasting they were inedible. The chips had been cooked in old oil and the calamari though tender had been cooked in the same oil. On what we had I couldn't possibly recommend and it's a shame considering its location would be appealing for most.

1  Thank CasualDiner1969
Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were 14 of us for lunch and my mum had booked the restaurant as a special family catchup for her birthday. We were very disappointed in the food. In the seafood basket the fish was completely raw inside but hot on the outside. The steak was blue. The Cajun barramundi should have come with a fire warning. It was so thickly coated and so hot it was inedible. Most of the other meals were very average. Very disappointing and definitely would never go back.

1  Thank Busyvees
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you have children do not even bother going...I took my two year old, and husband.....had to ask for our drinks several times...the waitress was not friendly at all, no personality, but they seem to love and show interest in the old clientele...both my husband and myself had steaks asked for medium well done, swimming still in blood when given to us on the plate. The steaks also tasted like old oil had been used. My son who is two could not finish his big plate of nuggets so I asked for a doggy bag (as there is a takeaway attached) was rudely snapped at and told that they do not let you take left overs.....they really did not live up to the standard that people rave about, they have lost us, as locals who will never return nor will we be recommending friends to visit....

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Located right on the banks of the Teed River, this restaurant had great views.
There was a large outdoor garden area with seating where people could purchase Fish and Chips for a casual meal.
We sat inside right on the edge of the river on the balcony.
The food was excellent value for money, as were the price of drinks.
I had a fillet mignon with a lovely fresh salad and chips for $17! Meat was perfect. Wife had barrimundi with salad and chips for $28. Lovely large piece of fresh fish.
Overall a very pleasant and great value meal.