“Pleasant stay in Tweed Heads”

Best Western Kennedy Drive Airport Motel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tweed Heads
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Best Western Kennedy Drive motel is an extremely clean and pleasant property and the Manageress Karen is a very friendly and helpful person who went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. The only negatives of the property are that it is a bit out of the main areas of Tweed Heads/Coolangatta and near the flight path.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Christine F

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I booked here for just the one night but extended my stay I was so impressed. Karen greeted me on arrival and was friendly, efficient and just a lovely person to speak with. Fresh milk was provided, directions to restaurants and shops, maps of the area.
I had cause to revisit Karen at reception during my stay for more information on the area and again she was friendly and helpful. She even texted me details of travel arrangements I had made to keep me updated!
The room I was in exceeded my expectations (and my expectations were already high), with everything I could possibly need in a motel room and then some. There was plenty of space in the room, it was so clean and comfortable. And the room is serviced daily - this was something I don't expect but is so thoughtful to provide. Other thoughtful touches included a place to wash cutlery and crockery if eating in the room (I did), a microwave as well as all the usual amenities including a laundry room just down the path.
I highly recommend the Best Western Kennedy Drive Motel, it is the best motel I have stayed in for a very long time - and Karen's service makes it perfect!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank EdMelbourne
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel, but we will certainly return when we need to fly out from Gold Coast airport next time.. Staff were very welcoming on arrival and even gave us suggestions on good places to eat that night and directions. The room was a good size, very clean and comfortable and had a supply of tea, coffee etc and shampoo and conditioner. Undercover carport too. They also offer a lift to airport if you dont have your car. I have no hesitations in recomending this hotel to others. Thanks for your hospitality, we will see you again next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I wanted a place for 6 people to spend a night. It is so hard to find places that will accommodate people for just one night. Best Western catered for all of our needs and then some. When we arrived, we were greeted by Karen who is the lovliest person i have met in a very long time. So friendly and helpful and is a credit to those in the hospitality industry. I personally asked her plenty of questions and nothing was bothersome or too much trouble. We had two rooms next to each other on the lower level. Both rooms were very clean, very comfortable and quiet. I understand that the planes might annoy some people but for us it was an attraction. The last planes were at 9:15pm and actually landed north to south so we didn't hear a thing. In the morning i heard one at about 6:30am but didn't hear another one until 9:00am although i was told there had been at least 5 or 6. I just didn't notice them. My son and i loved watching them go overhead, such a novelty.
I have to say it was a wonderful evening only made better by the hospitality of Karen.
I would definately recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable getwaway that isn't to far from shops, eateries and Seagulls.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night in April 2014 before going overseas. Karen and Steve were welcoming and friendly and nothing was to much trouble. We had a twin room that was very clean, comfortable and spacious that accommodate 5 of us very well. You get fresh milk on arrival for coffee which was great. We left our car here whilst overseas and Karen was kind enough to shuttle us to the airport for a early morning fight and pick us up upon return for no extra cost. Fantastic motel all round we will be back without a doubt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Fantastic welcome, with a clean comfortable room, which was what was required after a long day on the road. Only downfall was having to travel to find something reasonable for dinner. You wouldn't know that you were close to an airport, noise wasn't an issue unlike many motels on the highway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a one night stay here in May 14 and was pleasantly surprised. Clean & comfortable with a nice strong shower. Lady on reception was incredibly helpful. Loved the mini real milk supplied for coffee - big tick!! :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
#1 of 4 in Bilinga
City Lights Motel
City Lights Motel
#11 of 13 in Tweed Heads

Been to Best Western Kennedy Drive Airport Motel? Share your experiences!