“Clean and convenient!”

Tweed Central Motel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Tweed Heads
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband an I stayed at Tweed Central motel for 2 nights last weekend. Our first impression was that it was a great size room and was very clean. Well maintained room, quiet location (no road noise from our room) and very central with Centro shop, Bowls Club and Twin Towns all in walking distance. Host was great, very friendly and helpful. Great value for money, we will stay again. Thanks :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Elise G

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at the motel for 3 nights whilst visiting family. The room was very clean and comfortable and excellent value for money. The owner was friendly and welcoming. Had the big breakfast 2 out of the 3 mornings which was huge, with the cost of it very reasonable. The motel is centrally located and within walking distance of shops and clubs. Will be staying there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank TonyC1961
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a comfortable stay at the Tweed Central Motel. The recently refurbished room made for a pleasant stay. The motel is located close to a shopping centre and the Bowling Club where we had a delicious meal. The pool is situated central to all the rooms and therefore cars need to be parked a short distance from the rooms, which can be a nuisance if you have a few bags as we did. We were surprised that despite being equipped with everything we needed, we could not find a hair dryer. Upon checking out we were told that we needed to request one when we made the booking. So do remember this if you make a reservation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ingrid4711
Pam P, Owner at Tweed Central Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank-you for the kind plug, and we are glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.:-) I am sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure how it came across but what I was trying to say was if you needed a hair dryer, or even an iron and board we keep them at reception. These are available upon request anytime during your stay. This information is on our booking web sites but do recognise that it can easily be missed The reason we do not
put these items in every room is these items sometimes tend to grow legs and walk as we have experienced in the past, however we will make this information more noticeable by putting up a notice in the office. Thanks for pointing this out to us hopefully this will put yours and other minds
at ease when they book with us. Hopefully we will see you again sometime.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I ( my daughter,her 3 daughters aged 1, 5 and 7 and another granddaughter aged 13) needed a stopover on our way to Lismore and could not have chosen a better stopover. The cost was reasonable for a group of our size, the breakfast portions were huge and also reasonably priced for a budget conscious family.
What I especially appreciated was the hostess who was warm, welcoming and very helpful. Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Perfect for a family.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaddy H
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived to a friendly welcome late on a Friday night.
Room was spotlessly clean and comfortable and well equipped.
Facilities for self caterers with toaster, kettle and microwave.
Hungry Jacks almost next door for brekky if you forget to put your order in for in-room breakfast (very reasonably priced).
Several restaurants to choose from almost next door. Entertainment in walking distance, shops, river and beach all easy access on foot and I'm not the walking type.
It's not luxurious, but how much time do you spend in your room on holiday, it's only to sleep....right?

Room Tip: Didn't find our room to have any external noise in spite of a full house on Saturday night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyndyr
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here overnight while attending a seminar at the local hospital. Picked this place due to its proximity to the hospital and was glad I did. As travelling alone and the night was wet I was so grateful that there was a choice of good takeaway restaurants almost at the doorstep (including a popular little Thai restaurant right next door). Breakfast was cheap and plentiful, the room was spacious, clean and fresh and the bed comfortable. Only issue would have been that the air-conditioner in my room did not seem to be working and only blew out cold air (no matter how many buttons I pressed), heating may not be a big requirement on the Tweed, but that night was unusually chilly and a working heater would have been nice. Despite this, for the price I paid for the night I was suitably impressed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed overnight in a queen/single room and were very happy with the room, beds were very comfortable and also price was great. family run business and nothing was too much trouble.
Location was an absolute BONUS.

Room Tip: I travelled with my elderly father whist passing through and we chose a queen and a single, also had...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
#11 of 13 in Tweed Heads
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#2 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Tweed Central Motel? Share your experiences!