“Warning to fellow travelers.”
Review of Calico Court Motel

Calico Court Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Tweed Heads B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is my second visit to Australia and it is an absolutely beautiful Country! I am amazed at how friendly the people are, always greeting. This Calico Court Motel though, is an exception. It does not represent the country at all. If your an asian, avoid the place like the plague. He will assume you are only here because you come from a poor country and you are here to work. Imagine, he did not hesitate to tell us to go back where we came from and vacate his property (plus bad words I would not repeat here). We arrived at the motel admitted past 11pm because we saw a movie. Another car droved in and accidentally triggered the alarm of their own car. Assuming it was us, he told us we woke up the whole neighborhood and immediately told us to vacate his property. Not wanting to stay here no matter what, we asked for a refund and left. He did not matter we had a 7 month baby along. We reported the incident to the nearest police station. The manader/owner of this motel is definitely in the wrong business.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeremias A
There are newer reviews for Calico Court Motel

Reviewed June 24, 2013

So my work on the GC has run long so I had to find another bed for the night, on entering the reception a rather rotund woman shuffled out of a back room to ask me what I wanted, when I stated I would like a room for the night I was met with an abrupt 'For how many!' just myself was my answer which was met with a grunt.
The room was old style as per the photo, awful curtains circa 1980, bed was horrendous, foam with no inner spring is totally unacceptable... woke up with terrible back pain, furniture was... well old. Television was good though, 40" HDTV with a couple of odd cable channels... Syfy isn't usually a feature in motels and hotels in Australia but here it is!
Kettle 'auto off' didn't work so had to keep an eye on it so it didn't boil dry
Another odd feature is a ( I assume!) breakfast hatch where the manager can open a hatch and place a tray of food inside for the occupant, never seen this before but I assume it is from 1960?
Best not try sleep in after 7.30am, drilling started right on the dot, even though they could have waited until check out time at 10.00am they started drilling in the unit next to the one I was in!
Internet is way over priced at $7.50 per hour!!! if you need internet, go to Woolworths and buy a wireless internet dongle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wilrc1
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't to keen at staying here but work paid for it so had no choice. How wrong was I! The room I stayed in was exactly how I said on the title of my review. Service was great. Never judge a book by its cover. Only negative is no right turn but that's easy fixed by referring to your GPS. Will stay here whenever I need to attend head office for work every couple months

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The service and the room were OK though there wasn't a kitchenette. It's not good to have the "non refundable" policy because there are always unexpected things to happen in life.
Worst of all, the manager was so rude and had a sense of discrimination. I've never met such an manager using swear words and offensive words to clients. Anyway, the incorrect English grammar on the information booklet shows the literate level of that manager. I'll never come back there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Long H
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was very good. But the staff is terrible, they keep on disturbing us, they basically ruined our stay at the motel, I would never come back to this motel again and I will not recommend this motel to other people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank L0ng101
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just stayed one night as we were trying to outrun the recent floods it was only $75 for the night found it to be very comfortable & clean good value for money when you look at others for over $100 & a lot a dirty.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Been staying here on & off for 5 years. They've made some changes & upgrades & yet continue to offer great rates. Comfy beds (a plus for me) in comfy rooms. Lots of hot water always & everything works. Great BBQ area where you can invite friends. Has a pool that is good in warm weather. Friendly & helpful managers. On bus route & close to South Tweed & Tweed shopping centres. Easy flat walk along the river and to clubs and dining outlets. Airport is a $20 taxi ride.

• Stayed: May 2012
#6 of 12 in Coolangatta
City Lights Motel
City Lights Motel
#10 of 12 in Tweed Heads

Been to Calico Court Motel? Share your experiences!