“Terrible Staff”

Ranked #3 of 5 Tweed Heads B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Terrible Staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was very good. But the staff is terrible, they keep on disturbing us, they basically ruined our stay at the motel, I would never come back to this motel again and I will not recommend this motel to other people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank L0ng101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just stayed one night as we were trying to outrun the recent floods it was only $75 for the night found it to be very comfortable & clean good value for money when you look at others for over $100 & a lot a dirty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Been staying here on & off for 5 years. They've made some changes & upgrades & yet continue to offer great rates. Comfy beds (a plus for me) in comfy rooms. Lots of hot water always & everything works. Great BBQ area where you can invite friends. Has a pool that is good in warm weather. Friendly & helpful managers. On bus route & close to South Tweed & Tweed shopping centres. Easy flat walk along the river and to clubs and dining outlets. Airport is a $20 taxi ride.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Linda B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 7, 2012

stayed here with my sister on our way up from Sydney to Brisbane. The motel was pretty close to other motels so it was well lit and easy to find.

There wasn't a kitchenette, but there was a fridge and kettle, and fresh milk was provided upon check in. The decor was a bit dated, but the room was spacious and the bathroom sink had such a big counter, it made it easy for us girls to put all our toiletries. There was an iron and board too, and a hairdryer in the bathroom.

We asked the kind lady at the reception for a place to eat and she suggested getting some chinese take out (literally a 2 min walk from the motel), and it turned out to be pretty good! We checked out the next day and left behind a file, so when we came back a couple of hours late, they were helpful in letting us back into the room and we got it back.

The motel isn't too far from marine parade which is were you can find some cafes, and the beach! Would recommend this motel if you are stopping by on a road trip like we did.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

central and accessibe to where i needed to be; quiet enough;
the hot water ran out at 6pm - for a little while i guess - it was hot later that night.
a bit run down, although i've stayed at worse.
radio broken so should just be uninstalled.
bed very comfy.
pretty clean.
managment friendly to start with then it turned bad - would've stayed again otherwise, but won't now.

Room Tip: the complex is u-shaped i think, so just request rooms at the back of the court, for more quiet. the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was staying at the calico a few weeks ago and some people turned up at a late hour and rang the bell.
The manager came out to greet them and was abused for not being in the office waiting for them.
This was about an hour and a half after the office was closed.
I was still at the motel on the monday morning when the same people came back and started to yell at the manager again.
I am a regular visiter to the calico and I do not know how Wayne puts up with people like that.
I have been staying here for years and wayne has been the best manager at the motel for some time. The motel is the best in tweed for the price and clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Ok so having driven 11 hours with my husband and child in the car I was greeted in a aggressive and angry manner! This was due to our late arrival in which was 1.5 hrs later. However the sign on the door displayed contact to the manager til 11 pm this was 845 pm. So after a terrible greeting we received our room which was disgusting in itself. tHis was not the problem. We had booked and payed from the fri til the mon morning! Due to this disgusting treatment we decided to stay elsewhere... He then rang me the next day and abused me saying I was inconsiderate turning up late. Keep in mind I have PAYED til Monday. So MOnday morning we arrive to check out and checking my room before we hand over the key I find that the locks have been changed. What???? The manager then approached me saying they went into the room after our first night(sat) morning! WHO GAVE HIM PERMISSION ? In a nut shell I have never been treatedd so terrible in my life I travel the world extensively and cannot believe this happened! Just letting everyone know if you stay there because it's cheap??? Think again it's dirty and he's a very weird and aggressive man!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family