“A pleasure to stay here!”

Sundowner Twin Towns Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tweed Heads
Lismore, Australia
“A pleasure to stay here!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Motel was easy to get to and in a great location not too far from everything. Bus stop right out the front as well.The room was very clean, spacious and nicely furnished with everything you would need. Comfy beds and great shower.
The owner, Vicki, was very friendly and helpful. She made us feel very welcome and comfortable and when the bus we were waiting on didn't stop for us, Vicki did not hesitate to offer to drive us for which we were very grateful as it was New Year's Eve......which also happens to be Vicki's birthday. What a gem!
We would have been more than happy to stay longer and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

After a long day on the road it was great to be able to relax with a cuppa and a few friendly 'g'days' from the lady on reception and some other guests.
The room appears to have been updated not too long ago, comfy bed, good shower (a screen not a curtain over the bath!), and all the basic necessities. Very clean.
Close to eateries (10 mins walk) and the road isn't too busy at night.
Would be worth a few days stay, but we were only stopping overnight.
Free wifi isn't great unless you're next to reception, but that's the only negative

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarknPearl
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way north and found it very clean and tidy. The staff were extremely polite and nothing was a hassle. I ordered a hot breakfast each day which was delivered to my room. They also do continental breakfast. We had a spa in our room and the beds were the best I've ever slept on. My only upset was that I couldn't stay longer.mi will be back again!

Room Tip: Pick the spa room. It's a little more expensive but worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tokyo2487
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The manager Vicky's service is excellent. She did her best to help me, knowing that I have 2 young kids with me. We like the room and the toilet looked new. Wifi provided too, except that we couldn't connect with our smart phone but was ok on our laptop. We enjoyed our stay there. :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank PingAshlyn
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a follow-up to my review in Nov 2011 as I think this motel is highly recommended if it meets your requirements.
Very clean, comfortable and inexpensive. Includes microwave and free Wi-Fi. Only negative is limited utensils – only a couple of bread & butter knives & teaspoons.
I travel to Gold Coast on business about 4 times a year for just 1 or 2 nights. Could not get better for budget accommodation. Not necessarily the place to stay for an extended holiday. Not that close to beaches but close to supermarkets, take away food, pub etc.
A great overnight stop on holidays or for business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, NSW
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a recent trip to Tweed Heads. I can't speak highly enough about this motel. It is so very clean, fresh and has all you would need in a motel.

It is ideally located opposite the Tweed river, South Tweed Bowling Club, 5 mins from Tweed Heads and Coolangatta and a stone's throw to the Gold Coast by-pass.

Absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad I booked it.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor. Stay toward the back there is less traffic noise. It wasn't a proble...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon S
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Arrived after dark to Tweed Heads, host Donna only had family room left and gave it to us at doubles rates. I would have to say this is one of the cleanest motels I have ever stayed in , with all facilities!! Thank you . Highly recommend ! Opposite river with beautiful scenery for a morning walk .

Stayed August 2013
#1 of 5 in Tweed Heads
Las Vegas Motor Inn
Las Vegas Motor Inn
#3 of 12 in Tweed Heads

Been to Sundowner Twin Towns Motel? Share your experiences!