“More seafood”

Dining options: Reservations
Harden
“More seafood”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lovely restaurant on the southern lake shores very good food, very good service, great view. Upstairs restaurant with downstairs deck for takeaway.

Visited January 2013

Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just plain rude”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Maybe these folk have already "left the building" given that the business is for sale as they certainly weren't interested in courting our business. We hadn't been before but were keen to get some take-away fish and chips for a hungry crowd of visitors who had just arrived. As the Boat House next door was flat-out and there were very less at the Pickled Octopus, we thought we would try there as they advertised that they also did take-away fish and chips. Having a couple of gluten-intolerant people in our group we needed to have fish prepared in some way other than battered. I asked if they could grill the fish which they said they couldn't unless we were to eat-in. OK, I get that but I wondered if it was perhaps easier to do something else such as cooked in foil - an idea I got from next door who advertised they did fish in foil. I mentioned that next door did fish in foil and asked if that was possible. I understand that, if one is feeling a tad jaded that could have been taken in a negative light but the response of "Well, maybe you should just go next door!" was nothing less than unnecessarily rude. We certainly wouldn't go back. We did of course go next door and received service with a smile.

• Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A rare gem on the south coast”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The pickled octopus has been a long time favourite of our large family for over a decade, for good reason; the freshest fish on the coast, excellent menu, postcard location and most of all, Greg and kathy's welcoming smile whenever we're there. It's a rare gem on the south coast. Get there.

• Visited January 2013
wollongong
“Great food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a relaxed restaurant with great food. The outdoor tables are on a deck which is covered by a roof and right over the water. You can see the birds flying around over the water and fisherman in their little boats float by. Given it is such a small town we were surprised at the quality of the food - choose the King Fish if you get the opportunity. The service was nice and friendly.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No wonder the place is for sale!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Been to this place a couple of times a year for the last four years. Went to make a reservation in person for lunch the next day. Was told by a waitress that she couldn't look in the book(she was fumbling through it) and the owner (said owner came over at the time heard the girl and didn't do a thing) would give me a call at about 2.30-3. After 4 I called them left a message to call me back. I still haven't been called! Food has been ok over the times I've been previous, the surroundings are this restaurants best feature. After being mucked around (made worse by having invited guests) I won't be heading back under the current management!

1 Thank Notalwaysfussy