“Usually Great, but fell a little short last time”
Review of Black Bear Inn

Black Bear Inn
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Black Bear Restaurant offers guests a true European experience. The restaurant has a cosy and homely feel to it and is decorated in a rustic theme with some touches of alpine decor. The mountain views are exceptional, both summer and winter, paired with great food and a rather extensive wine list, provides a wonderful overall dining experience.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Black Bear Inn is one of our favourite places to go for a casual feed at Thredbo (though prices aren't casual but are inline with Thredbo pricing) and have had a number of great meals there. The last weekend before the Ski season started the menu seemed very stripped back, and meals not of the same quality as usual - Maybe temp chef? But we were understanding given that we knew the ski season was starting the following weekend..

The food was still pretty good overall (especially the salmon or trout) and the service and atmosphere is excellent so we will be back.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed in Black Bear Inn for New Year’s Eve. The location is excellent – central to everything in the village. It is an older style B&B with small rooms, which are clean, have mountain views and offer adequate comfort.
The restaurant is fantastic – we had our set menu New Year’s Eve dinner there, and all courses were delicious and elegantly presented.
We went back recently for a jazz lunch during the recent Thredbo Jazz Festival. This time they offered a more relaxed a’ la carte menu with affordable prices while maintaining both the quality of the food and the presentation. On both occasions the restaurant was packed with happy diners. Very good ambience, excellent service, great hospitality and friendly hosts. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We booked and had dinner here... I loved the atmosphere but most of all I loved the service of the wait staff... We'll definitely be back here sometime soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Food was fantastic, service was excellent & there is a very cosy atmosphere. Just a little on the expensive side for a family of 4. Would go again & recommend to others.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had read the other reviews so I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a cosy atmosphere, but we were seated in a separate private room because they had heaps of group bookings. This was perfect because it was away from the bar and people drinking etc.
My husband ordered the sizzling garlic prawns and he loved them, it was quite popular because every few minutes we heard the sizzling sound around the restaurant.
For mains I had crispy skin chicken breast with white bean purée, snow peas and grilled capsicum, minus the chorizo because I don't like it. It was amazing in both presentation and taste.
My husband had the eye fillet, it had these really delicious potato crisps on the side, it was also of a high standard.
We were too full for dessert but I really wanted to try the Nutella waffles, but maybe next time.
I was a bit worried that because we were in a separate room that we might be forgotten but that was definitely not the case we were very well looked after. Will definitely return if I come back to thredbo.