“Made Our Holiday!”

Eagles Nest Restaurant
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made Our Holiday!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went there with my son, we were welcomed at the door by a nice blonde girl, she sat us a a great table by the window, fantastic view. The service continued to be great through all the other staff as well. It was so nice to go a place on the mountain where all the staff are happy & friendly, most of the other places struggle with this. I had a goulash & a big German beer, my son had berry pancakes & a deluxe hot chocolate. Everything was fantastic, food was great, full of favour & good mix of meat & vegs. Numerous people advised us to go there through our week & the only downside is we left till the last day, wish we had gone sooner. Definetly be going back next season, well done Eagles Nest, great job, see u next season!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jaye29

“Honestly the worst.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Gee I wish I had read a few of the reviews of this place before I ate here, can't believe people have to pay money for this punishment by food when the view is free! Watery, expensive,rude are recurring themes throughout reviews, can I second all of these please? Funny looks, yes I got them too when I complained about the watery bowl of what was called goulash but smelled like dog food I had to send back. The waitress was bleach blonde, no red in sight who told me I wouldn't have to pay for it but it appeared on our bill anyway! CAN'T repeat the profanities that followed on after querying!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pluggingacow
“Best food and service on the mountain!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We choose to visit Eagles Nest every day we ski at Thredbo. You can pay premium prices for rubbish at other places on the mountain. My wife and I enjoy the opportunity to rest our legs and enjoy a drink or two over lunch. Fabulous service from the staff and the days we visited, the place was bustling but our wait wasn't too long and the food definitely worth what we paid!

• Visited August 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Disappointing with a long wait for very poor meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Young chap who served us was excellent and poured the beers like a pro but unfortunately his peers in the kitchen let him down on the service as we waited 60 mins for 4 serves of goulash. The goulash at 25 a plate was rubbish, more like a bowl of watery soup and would have sent it back but dare not wait another hour and miss out on ski time. The $16 version at the river in i had the day before was amazing so perhaps the cook at eagles should venture down for a study tour? Also my friends who had the steak sandwich could not finish it due to the rubber like steak. Im afraid the view does not justify this restaurants operating principals, bad food at crazy prices!

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank nathan060721
eaglesnest_thredbo, Manager at Eagles Nest Restaurant, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thankyou for your feedback regarding our chef and food quality.

This feedback has caused his termination.

After investigation and closer scrutiny of this over-paid French / Moroccan chef we terminated his employment.

Up until 2 weeks ago this winter has been a poor one in terms of snow, so visitor numbers were down.

This Chef got away with his inabilities and lack of organisation until we started to get busier, of course as we did, he started failing, of course according to him it was all the other staff's fault, he got away with it for a while, but with staff and customers reporting things weren’t as good as they should be so we have acted.

Our standard has now been restored and our new chefs are excellent and working hard to repair the damage. And we thank them!...

If you happen to visit us again and you were not 100% happy with your experience please mention it to Sara, myself (Steve) or our senior wait staff so we may have a chance to make amends.

We look forward to seeing you here at Eagles Nest Australia’s Highest Restaurant in Thredbo in the near future!
Sydney, Australia
“the rudeness of the waitress with the red hair”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been skiing in Thredbo for over 20yrs and had very nice meals at Eagles Nest until yesterday 26th july 2013. Just only last year i ordered the same again the very tasty steak sandwich for 2 of us, this time was not so. The waitress asks how were your meals ? i reply you must have a new chef, because they are nothing like last years, she says yes its Adam and i think he is better than last years chef, its a matter of opinion. Who says that when your asking the customer their honest thoughts, so rude, I will be in touch with the owners, as she huddled back around the register telling other staff the story and they all pulled faces and looked straight over at our table. The steak was grey like it was thawed out in the microwave and no signs of a seared steak so what were they using to cook and make it tough with sinew through definitely not a scotch fillet, the oil was not hot enough for the chips thus absorbing oil with no crunch, the cheap bread they used for $26.90 was half sesame seed/focaccia. This place has gone downhill with this new chef which the waitress probably has the hots for, she didn't take our honest answer as constructive criticism, so why ask how are our meals if you don't like the feedback?

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank charisma007
eaglesnest_thredbo, Owner at Eagles Nest Restaurant, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi Charisma,

Thankyou for visiting our restaurant & for your review.

I must say that I am disappointed that you didn’t ask for a manager if you were not satisfied or simply asked for a replacement meal? Of which we would be happy to supply. We strive for satisfied customers & know we have thousands, as they return day after day & year after year! The tips our staff receive also lead us to believe they do a good job!

Our experienced chef was very disappointed when he too learned of your dissatisfaction, as you had posted it here on a public forum. Instead of giving him the opportunity to replace, rectify & or compensate you!

Our policy is to satisfy our customers, we are trying to build a good business not destroy it! We would request that should you ever visit us again you would give us the chance to make good any possible dissatisfaction you may have!

In regards to staff looking at you? I can only tell you that we had an issue relating to an Amex surcharge on the table adjacent to you & this was discussed & checked by myself, (I did look across to that table) my waitress was relieved when I had informed her that she had correctly entered the details, so she & I laughed & smiled as she was happy that it was correct, it was nothing to do with you! She had only told myself & the other staff member about your ‘question’ when you were leaving, & this was done out the back! As it was a ‘question’ & you said nothing else she did not receive it as high importance!

(Incidentally - Laughing at a customer is not a situation we would tolerate & we would like to assure you if this were the case the staff member would be instantly dismissed. In addition the waitress you may have may have mistakenly thought laughed is highly experienced & we have not faulted her to date. Ours & other customer’s experiences find her to be a lovely person too!)

Please accept our apologies for your bad experience & please in the future should you visit us again allow us to endeavor to make your dining experience wonderful!

Regards Management…