“Excellent view, great atmosphere.”

Eagles Nest Restaurant
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

As with all businesses in Thredbo, Eagles Nest is disgustingly overpriced, but the view of the entire mountain and the happy staff almost make up for the price gouging. Excellent breakfasts.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

An old favourite but under new management, still seems to be OK. Good food & fast service. Very nice view up the top of the mountain. Indoors out of the wind, with huge windows overlooking the valley.

Recently Avalanche Cafe down the bottom was over-crowded with average food at best and I caught the Kosi Express lift up to the top and had a lovely meal by the fire, looking out over the valley and the place was only half full. Wonderful what local knowledge can do for you!

From here you can ski to anywhere in Thredbo so very handy to eat before meeting others anywhere.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Do not try the Eagles Nest restaurant for dinner.
The thought of a gondola ride up to the top of the mountain for a meal sounds fun but the food was DISGUSTING. A thin slice of meat which looked like it had come out of a deep frier and sat under a heating lamp..... it was awful. I would not accept this food, but when I spoke to a staff member was told there was nothing they could do as the meals were preordered when booking so they had nothing else to offer.
I was not the only person who was disappointed with their food and left it on the plate.... Jaye29 may have had good coffee during the day - but the night food is AWFUL.
DO NOT GO AT NIGHT

2  Thank DragonPrincess
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Fantastic views, service - the girls were all extremely friendly! Food was fantastic, coffee amazing, I have to say we had coffee on the mountain at other places & Eagles Nest has to have the best coffee in Thredbo! We had pictures on our coffee & the kids had gourmet hot chocolates, definitely can't wait to go back there!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked our dinner on Thursday. The staff member that took the call had me wait to speak with the owner, who apparently handles all dinner reservations. She elaborated on our responsibility to be at the gondola on time, and that we would be charged 50% of the full price if we cancelled within 24 hours or did not show. She required my credit card details to confirm the booking. I gave her my mobile number. Clearly they are protected.

Come Saturday at 6.30 PM, the agreed-upon time, we made our way to the gondola only to be told that the evening's dinner had been cancelled due to insufficient customer demand. I checked my messages - nothing. I checked my voicemail - nothing. We tried a few other restaurants - fully booked - Saturday evening in July in Thredbo - I'd say that's predictable.

In a word - disappointed.

4  Thank Steve N