“Awesome Restaurant!”

Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Fantastic views, service - the girls were all extremely friendly! Food was fantastic, coffee amazing, I have to say we had coffee on the mountain at other places & Eagles Nest has to have the best coffee in Thredbo! We had pictures on our coffee & the kids had gourmet hot chocolates, definitely can't wait to go back there!

Canberra
“Luckily Thredbo has take-away pizza”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked our dinner on Thursday. The staff member that took the call had me wait to speak with the owner, who apparently handles all dinner reservations. She elaborated on our responsibility to be at the gondola on time, and that we would be charged 50% of the full price if we cancelled within 24 hours or did not show. She required my credit card details to confirm the booking. I gave her my mobile number. Clearly they are protected.

Come Saturday at 6.30 PM, the agreed-upon time, we made our way to the gondola only to be told that the evening's dinner had been cancelled due to insufficient customer demand. I checked my messages - nothing. I checked my voicemail - nothing. We tried a few other restaurants - fully booked - Saturday evening in July in Thredbo - I'd say that's predictable.

In a word - disappointed.

• Visited July 2012