“Luckily Thredbo has take-away pizza”

Eagles Nest Restaurant
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
Description: Restaurant is at top of Chairlift from Thredbo
Canberra
“Luckily Thredbo has take-away pizza”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked our dinner on Thursday. The staff member that took the call had me wait to speak with the owner, who apparently handles all dinner reservations. She elaborated on our responsibility to be at the gondola on time, and that we would be charged 50% of the full price if we cancelled within 24 hours or did not show. She required my credit card details to confirm the booking. I gave her my mobile number. Clearly they are protected.

Come Saturday at 6.30 PM, the agreed-upon time, we made our way to the gondola only to be told that the evening's dinner had been cancelled due to insufficient customer demand. I checked my messages - nothing. I checked my voicemail - nothing. We tried a few other restaurants - fully booked - Saturday evening in July in Thredbo - I'd say that's predictable.

In a word - disappointed.

• Visited July 2012