Almost everything about this hotel disappointed. An experience that would have been rated 2 stars but gets one more star for its location.
- Location, location, location;
- Bed was quite soft and comfortable;
- Décor unattractive and run-down;
- Shower very hard to get a good temperature and caused the whole bathroom to fog up;
- Toilet did not flush properly (took several attempts) and only 1 ply toilet paper provided;
- Room was serviced after 3pm;
- Not enough parking for the number of guests (about half a dozen spots were reserved for veuve clicquot vehicles);
- There was a reasonable spread on the breakfast buffet, but the hot buffet was cold by the time I got to it on the two days (we tried going at different times in the hope it would be better). They managed to botch all 3 ways of cooking eggs - even the big hungry boys seemed to be struggling to force it down. As a pointer to the hotel - breakfast would be much better if there was a single row of hot breakfast that was under proper heating and refreshed regularly;
- Having decent coffee with breakfast cost extra (you'd think they could throw it in with the high cost of the stay!);
- Movie channels on the TV had bad reception and could not be watched;
- Noise from the rave party downstairs extended late into the night (I was so tired from snowboarding I couldn't care less, but this would annoy some);
- Staff at front counter were variable - some were fine, others were rude;
- Equal most I have ever spent on a hotel stay across 4 continents!
Unfortunately I think the one pro of location keeps the hotel at full capacity and so they don't really care about fixing what is overall quite an unsatisfactory experience for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the village, just metres from the base of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift. This is a historic property with an alluring sense of alpine culture - it has great character, charm and warmth. The rooms are comfortable and cosy, the dining outstanding and the staff friendly and welcoming. Hotel facilities include restaurants, bars, a spa, sauna, outdoor pool, guest laundry, bike room and car parking. Thredbo is famous for après activities and when staying at the hotel you have both restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. Enjoy casual meals and a lively pub atmosphere in The Local Pub & Bistro and relaxed restaurant dining with breath-taking views in Cascades Restaurant. Thredbo also has a year round events schedule featuring live music, festivals, special food and beverage events, hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing and everything in-between. With something for everyone and only a stones throw from everything, Thredbo Alpine Hotel is the perfect place for your next mountain escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Thredbo Alpine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Thredbo Village Alpine Hotel
- Thredbo Alpine Hotel