“Motel style Resort”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Entrance
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stay at this Resort on the 27th April 2013 and was expecting a lot more
for $153.00 per night.
We got a apartment in a older style flat complex not what I was expecting
no baloney on 2 of the units (Complex of 8) guess what we had the no baloney room 8
No Shampoo or conditioner for overnight stays only soap.
On booking confirmation it states Includes Linen pack - thats because you have to make your own beds with the Linen.
Apartment was reasonally clean.
No Coffee or Tea satchells in apartment had to chase up.
Shame I didn't check trip advisor before booking as on the website as this Resort look like a nice place to stay, Lucky I had only 1 night's booking.
I rate this property as poor because I believe that the apartment I got was definetly overrated on price.
Cheryl
Cheryl

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CHERYL B

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great deal and value for money. Fantastic location. Not quite a resort but clean and nice room. Stayed in a family room with a lovely bathroom. Pool and outdoor area is nice.
Has a lot of potential!!! Overall good family get away. Would only stay again if a cheap deal was on offer like the one we bought.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Firstly they should get rid of the word resort fom the title. A resort conjures up grandiose places but for the price we paid of $99 per night including full breakfast we got what we expected. A motel. I was a bit taken aback by having to pay upfront a $200 bond.....never done that at any place I've been too.....but we did get it back quickly. I did think that was a bit steep however.
Not sure what happened to the other people on Tripadvisor, but our room was immaculately clean. Yes the bathroom looked tired and old but it was clean, the floor was clean, the sheets were clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed ever. When we got rid of the word resort from our mind then we really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was delicious lthough the woman there needed o be a bit friendlier.
Location was fabulous. It was quiet and within easy walking distance of town and easy access to longer walks with a walking track.
We didn't use the pool but it was being utilised greatly that weekend.
My husband and I had a relaxing and enjoyable few days away and don't understand where all the real negative remarks came from. We must have been lucky.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank frizzy63
Reviewed March 10, 2013

El Lago resort is basically a "dive" of a motel. This is obvious as soon as you enter their potholed driveway. How can they have the nerve to call this a resort is anybody's guess. Don't bother to pay for the breakfast, it was cold and disgusting. The food on the hot buffet had obviously been there too long and was of very poor quality. The outside awnings are full of holes, so the rain was coming in where it should have been dry. The hole over the vending machine caused it to fail as well. We said we would be bringing a baby and toddler, and yet they managed to book us on the third floor with no lift. Very limited selection of free to air channels which were not set up properly on the distribution system so half the picture is cut off (no not the settings on the TV). Overall a very poor experience and would not recommend to anyone!!! Some of the lights were not working and the basin tap dripped all night no matter how tight you turned it off.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be rubbish.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Ben O
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The only thing going for this place is the location - walking distance to the main drag! Staff unpleasant, manager thinks she's something special, news flash she's not! I didn't actually have any dealings with her but did witness her rudeness to others! The place is very run down and noisy! Pool and sauna look dirty! Find something nicer for the price!

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank shezj
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family and I booked to stay in the villa for 4 nights. It was absolutely filthy....spat out tooth paste on the tap in the bathroom!!! mould behind the sink and on the tiles....fishing hooks in the carpet....went to open the window to get some breeze..but the screens had to be cleaned first as the filth was that thick that no air could come inside...the bed spreads had stains all over them!!! We asked for our money back which was difficult as I booked through a booking agency....the place looks nothing like the pictures in the website...the villas are run down, old and filthy!!! My holiday was ruined by this place!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the villas!!!
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Claire-0011
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed some time away on the long weekend. We have never stayed at El Lago before, but the experience was indeed pleasant. We had a fantastic and spotlessly clean executive room that overlooked the water, which included a lovely hot breakfast the next morning. The town centre is not far away, which made dinner easy to walk to. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and courteous, which is rare these days. The reception staff were more than happy to assist with directions and answer any of our questions we had. We didn't get to enjoy the pool on our stay, but it looked inviting. Will definitely stay again! Thank you El Lago.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 9 in The Entrance
Lake Front Motel
Lake Front Motel
#7 of 9 in The Entrance

Been to El Lago Waters Resort? Share your experiences!